Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally found me a new project, a 67 Cougar Dan Gurney Special. The owner had this stored in a barn for years and the car is complete with all the parts in a dry indoor storage locker. The parts are in excellent shape which is the reason I picked it up. Headlight assemblies and grills are mint, wiring harness shows no cuts into it that I could see, dash pad is great, etc, etc. The body of the car has not a spot of rust and had new floors, torque boxes, and cowls as well as subframe connects welded in.

Here's a couple of pics of when we pulled it out of its old home.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Looks like a nice foundation to work with. What are your plans for it?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking something similar to my last one like in my avatar. Might start with a Fatman front IFS as the suspension and steering is the weak link to these cars.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I do as well. I have a thing for the old school 5 hole mags I think. Could be the 10" steering wheel!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Could it be the altitude? Gotta be careful on corners when you are that high...... ;)

Steve

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unless you live in Canada then the hight is good for going over snow banks and buried cars! LOL!! Anyone have any 33's they want to sell?? (Joke)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts