Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don, would sure love it if you could post a bunch of pics at your WCCC site (new section maybe) of all your shop/warehouse/yard. Any chance in the near future? Been to John's in Holland, MI, but figure yours is about 10 times the size/scope. Anyone willing to second this motion (er request)? Eric.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Not responding to second the request, but anyone else noticing the end of the first line repeated words on the beginning of the second line? (see Eric's post where "shop/warehouse/yard." appears twice) I had this in one of my own posts this morning and was unable to correct it (edit function shows correct words, post does not).

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
Not responding to second the request, but anyone else noticing the end of the first line repeated words on the beginning of the second line? (see Eric's post where "shop/warehouse/yard." appears twice) I had this in one of my own posts this morning and was unable to correct it (edit function shows correct words, post does not).
I've had that happen in the past and yes, edit function does not fix it. Although above, I see the word "Been" showing up twice. I guess it depends on how large your screen is and where the words end up wrapping.

I reworded what I wanted to say and that fixed the problem.

But yeah.... I'll second wanting to see Don's compound. It's probably the closest I'll ever get to seeing it in person anyway. Maybe turn that newbie hire loose with a camera and see what he comes back with. I'd guess it would be some pretty cool chit! LOL

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
You mean WITHOUT snow on everything?? (Ironic since the snow is a rare sight here... in fact the stuff in my recent pics melted off before noon).
Maybe I'll take a jaunt over to the yard today, but I got plenty of other stuff to keep me busy too :)
I know there are some older pics around somewhere, but it would be good to show what the place looks like without the pile of 74-79 Cougars since they got crushed.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
I believe there is some film on the WCCC Websight and the GEARZ Youtube episode footage too, perhaps.

Let me tell you, the place gives a Cougar Nut the absolute best feeling there is..you are trapped back in time and all you see is evidence of a different era. It's not only about cars, though. Since you see nothing from the present-day, it gives you a truly nostalgic feel..

I can't remember who I was telling the other day, but I was saying that it makes me want sit in a diner, drink some coffee and smoke a cigarette!

Well, that's just me, anyway ;)

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
I keep telling my employees the reason we never buy new equipment is it would ruin the "Feeling" of the place... Brian, do me a favor next time you see Felix swearing at the 1948 Hyster. Say, "Gee... I hope you guys never sell this glorious classic equipment..."

<center> </center>

<center> </center>

<center> </center>

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Haha..for that matter, call it job security!!

Guy's gotta have something to work on besides Cougar Carburetors ;)

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Looks like a Craftsman screwdriver to me and I'm guessing it is a special "tweaker" kept there for a specific use on that piece of equipment!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I ever get to the left coast again, I'll step back in time. When I lived in Dayton, OH, I just loved heading out the junkyards on the weekends. Thanks Don.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
That screw driver has been promoted to 'lever' status.

We believe that this is a first year Hyster, a 1962. Most likely one of the very few that has been in continuous service since new. It has the rare 2 speed wiper option, two speeds if you count "off" as a speed.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I love walking through yards like this, some people think Im not with it. I see so much potential in Don's yard, Im not an ECI but to me most anything can be fixed. There is a lot of those cars that I can see that could be 0n the road again.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
I love walking through yards like this, some people think Im not with it. I see so much potential in Don's yard, Im not an ECI but to me most anything can be fixed. There is a lot of those cars that I can see that could be on the road again.
Yes, it is true that a bunch of these Cougars would have been great candidates for restorations had they breathed their last breath in the Upper Midwest or North East.
State salvage yard rules state that they can only be organ donors now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts