Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To redo hardware in "phosphate and oil" whats a good equivalant, seems most of the screws get rusty when finished in it originally
grey phosphate?
black phosphate?

any input appreciated, i love pictures of who thinks theres are right on the money!

god, sometimes i think if i ever get married, important things like this will become a part of my past, perish the thought!

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Black phosphate and then matte clear does a real nice job and is more rust resistant than the original finish. See my ECI thread for much ado about most every thing! Eastwood's blackening kit is worth every cent. Buy an extra bottle of the solution if you are going to be doing a whole cars worth (and then some in my case).

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok great!,
im at the point of seperating into "color" groups,
wanted to be sure it was black
found a guy in pa, said about 100 bucks for four different finishes (black phosphate, silver zinc, gold zinc for the s36 and s43's , and grey phosphate), seems pretty fair to me what do you think?
what did you do on your hood hinges? this guy's grey phosphate looks pretty dar n good, originals look like a phosphate, grey or something, although i keep hearing they were plain, theres definitly something on them
thanks again for your help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts