Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW, this thing is cool! Installed it in no time. Cranked on the first turn. Can't wait to drive, but waiting on some strut rod bushings.

·
Registered
913 Posts
WOW, this thing is cool! Installed it in no time. Cranked on the first turn. Can't wait to drive, but waiting on some strut rod bushings.
Hope you get the rubber ones!

·
Registered
240 Posts
One of the first things we did when we got the Coug. This mod to the dizzy should be done by everyone. It is foolproof.

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
It would be completely foolproof if they showed an engine bay with the wiring pointed out.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
425 Posts
I just installed a set of points and a condeser on mine last week...still pretty fool proof to me. However, I did install a Duraspark in the Mustang.
I have always been uneasy about any aftermarket electronic conversion. Just in case you have a problem, the nearest parts store isn't much help.
A couple of years ago there was a multi page thread on Pertronix....one post said he ran the system but carried a set of points and a condenser in the console.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I just installed a set of points and a condeser on mine last week...still pretty fool proof to me. However, I did install a Duraspark in the Mustang.
I have always been uneasy about any aftermarket electronic conversion. Just in case you have a problem, the nearest parts store isn't much help.
A couple of years ago there was a multi page thread on Pertronix....one post said he ran the system but carried a set of points and a condenser in the console.
I also like the Ford Duraspark, Ford used this for years with good results, and parts can be bought at any parts store.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts