Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Forum Members,
I am new to the Forum here, so please forgive me if this has been asked before . . . just please point me in the right direction. I have been a Fiat 124 spider enthusiast for a while now, and know of quite a few Parts suppliers that sell through mail order catalogs and through the internet. I assume the same thing probably exists for the early Cougars. I have had a '68 Cougar since 1972, and would like to find where I can go to get all the stuff needed to restore these classics to primo condition.

The rest of the story: Our 68 Cougar was in an accident recently, so we are trying to weigh the merits of buying parts to replenish the damage on the wrecked car, or to buy another one. The wrecked one has some rather major front end damage. Of course if we started with another one, we could have the wrecked one as a parts car, as required, and try to sell some of the parts not needed, with the proceeds to go toward the 'new' one. Either way, I want to see how available some of these parts are, and how to go about getting them.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Alvon Elrod

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Hi, on the blue header on the forum, there is a thing called "LINKS", click on that, there is about 14 or so "vendors" for Cougar parts.

Front end damage is ok if its not frame scructure, If it's frame, I would use it for "parts only" they never are the same after you get the frame straightened. Most frame stuff are same as Mustang, so they are reproduced, but require abit of mods to make work properly on the Cougar, so depending on funds and time, I would use the wreck Cougar as parts, and build the other one up.

Rick

·
Registered
889 Posts
cross refrence books

They also have a cross refrence book so you can save some dough using (cough cough) mmmustang parts.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
since you can gfet a decent running car for under 2000.00 i would say use it for parts it will cost you more in parts and time if it is extensive as you say. plus having a parts car is a blessing let me tell you. dont sell the stuff untill you restore it you never know what your going to need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts