Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted in the den that I had a pretty good day, getting rid of parts. A couple of guys got a really, really good deal.
That's OK, I have a lot less stuff now to move with me, other than the crap that I actually still know I need.
But nobody was interested in four speed parts, or disc brake spindles. I was rather surprised at that. Not too long ago, a bell housing and clutch pedal set up would have brought three or four hundred pretty easy. Not this weekend. Same thing with the disc brake spindles and such. What do you think? How is the parts market where you are?
I didn't even get 300 on ebay,for a tilt column and wheel, and horn button!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Same here in Michigan .What you use to sell for $400.00 you get about $ 150.00 to $100.00. ebay is better than craigslist [to much B S & I will be there in a hour & they never show up or call ]. It won't ever get back like it use to be . People need good paying jobs to spend $$$ & that's not going to happen . I sold a tilt column for $1,100.00 about 6 or 7 years ago

·
Registered
292 Posts
Just a thought, as I do not sell cougar parts. I do however sell Old International Parts. My prices are lots less than what people think they should get. I have to look at it this way. I am helping out another International owner, and I can only store for so long. Think about what you pay for storage,if away from your own home, then figure out what the parts are worth. When it get to paying storage and the cost is more than the parts....... Just saying, it hurts to see parts go to scrap, but you can not store it all.

Lloyd

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I've found guys selling stuff dirt cheap but I've also seen folks asking what I feel are "rediculous" prices for things. I always scan kijiji for parts in the Calgary area. I think MrVacuum is also watching this area. I never pass up a steal and have been known to drive 150km for a random box of 67-70 parts selling for $100 :) I figure save them so they dont end up in the garbage.

My big problem is that I rarely can bring myself to make a buck on parts. (Which is stupid because it will just discourage me from buying parts in the future) I always want to help out other car enthusiasts and sell at my cost but sure would be nice to make a couple bucks once in a while. Hasn't been happening lately. Then there are the items that I just can't say no to even though the price is stupid... Like that GT-E emblem I bought for $140... *fume* The idiot agreed to $80 on the phone and then jacked me up after I drove for 2 hours to go get it.. The sticker is in crap condition but the emblem is good so I couldn't let him keep it after all that. heh. Don't see myself making much on that purcahse.

I just have a serious case of dont-you-dare-throw-that-out-i-tus. My huge garage is getting less and less huge every month :/

·
Registered
304 Posts
I posted in the den that I had a pretty good day, getting rid of parts. A couple of guys got a really, really good deal.
That's OK, I have a lot less stuff now to move with me, other than the crap that I actually still know I need.
But nobody was interested in four speed parts, or disc brake spindles. I was rather surprised at that. Not too long ago, a bell housing and clutch pedal set up would have brought three or four hundred pretty easy. Not this weekend. Same thing with the disc brake spindles and such. What do you think? How is the parts market where you are?
I didn't even get 300 on ebay,for a tilt column and wheel, and horn button!
I have been thinking of doing a T-5 swap in my 67 mustang. Is your clutch pedal assy. for a 67 disc brake car and will it fit a mustang? Might take it off your hands.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have three left, 1 68 and 2 69/70. I don't think a 68 will work in a 67, something about the steering column for that year. Either way, all my assemblies are for drum brakes...

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lloyd, you have a bit less room in your shop now...

·
Registered
292 Posts
But, But, But, I was trying to make room..... Oh, That's alright, My Son Has to get his Dry Cleaning stuff out.....real soon.
Glad to help Brian

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lloyd, my email address is my pay pal, so if you sell any of that stuff, I want half!-)

·
Registered
218 Posts
It seems like if you had mopar parts (challenger/charger) you could sell your stuff for a million $'s. I don't know why chargers are so expensive right now. My friend is looking to buy one, yeah good luck getting one for under $10,000 in decent shape...

Brian, I still can't think of anything that I need. The hood you had was in worse shape than the one I originally had! :D I talked to scott drake and the guy said my pedal assembly would work for what I want to do. Thanks though!

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mopars are unbelievably expensive! Each are an example of rolling unobtainium...
I'm glad you have everything you need Josh, I made one deal at the end of the day, for all the fenders, remaining doors, panels, glass, et al....For 175 dollars. The parts have a new home, I have almost two tanks of gas worth of cash, and no longer have to worry about throwing good stuff away! Well, I still have a few "extra" pieces I don't need, like a pair of black 67 door panels and rear 1/4 fills....But they will find a home too...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts