Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Doors

Have you got any doors for a 1970 in that pile? Also, where do you live?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have two doors for a '70, complete with glass etc. which I was going to install on my XR7 coupe, but it looks like that project is going to be an abortion now... They have been repainted, but appear to be in good shape (otherwise I wouldn't have bought them). They are in my storage unit in Rohnert Park (CA) though I live in San Rafael (about a 30 mile difference). I really wouldn't want to ship doors, so if you are loca(ish)l, great. Let me know...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Fred,
I have a 69' XR-7 and I'm looking for:
Passengers door window regulator
Insturment cluster, XR-7
Steering wheel W/Ring
Blue dash caps
Center Console both halves in blue

Anything ring a bell in your heap-o-gold?.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
>Passengers door window regulator

I thought I had '70 regulators, but looking at the handles attached to them makes me think they're '69s. I'm almost certain that they're the same anyway, but someone knowledgeable might want to chime in here. I can't find any typical Ford part numbers on them so if someone wants to tell me where those would be located, that would be cool. Also, one of them has some play in it but I'm not sure which side it is. (I haven't taken one out in about 10 + years). The other one seems just dandy.

>Insturment cluster, XR-7

Again, I have an extra '70 one though it is very dirty (will probably clean up nicely but I haven't tried yet) and as far as I know '70 and '69 are the same.

>Steering wheel W/Ring

Well I do have a '69 wheel but it's black and currently installed on my car that's in storage. I also have a blue '70 wheel that I could swap with it but that would take a while to get around to etc. If you are interested in looking at the '69 wheel I can get around to this. I don't remember the condition of it overall or of the horn strip. My '70 wheel's horn strip is dead.

>Blue dash caps
>Center Console both halves in blue

Sorry, no help on either of those.

Hopefully you're close so you can just look at the other stuff...

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Just to let you know, I just converted my 69 to 70 glass last week and there is a difference in regulators. The difference is at the end where the roller hooks on. One is straight and the other one has a offset in it. (but that was last week and I dont remember which is which now) The rear regulators are also different in the offset of the arm that hooks to the glass. I would be glad to let you have my 69 regulator but I only have a drivers side as my car had a 70 door put on the pass side and that is why I changed the rest of the glass to match up with it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
70' Tach

This is an email i recieved from a person i think is knowledgable about cougars...........
"the dash clusters are different in a few ways The most important to note is the Cougar reg dash will not interchange with the XR7 dash w/tach unless the whole frt wire
harness and interior harness are swapped in as well.A fire will be the result of any incompatibilities.Also note that there is an early and a late 69 that carries thru 70.On the
back of the cluster there is either a blue or red plastic film.Again Fire will be the result if you mix em up Careful here Thought you should know.Also 69 XR7 is diff than 70
XR7 and different again for Cougar 69 or 70 when it comes to the wiring harness' you must have all the compatible parts"
hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
front bumper

Hi i'm looking for a front bumper for my 1970 cougar and I was woudering if you had one if so give me a ring back thanks dennis

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hood crome

Freddy, would you happen to have the hood crome for a 69 in that pile of misc trim???

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Houndstooth

F Cougar.Is your hounds tooth seat in gold and blk?To the others who posted I have a 69 blk XR7 wheel for sale with or without pad and the regs I never noticed were diff and I have interchanged many, many times.I have a 70 blue dash pad for $100 Top is faded and needs a dye but fine otherwise.Blue caps are they the four at each end and at radio?Also have a blue parts console no top or base but all other parts for a 69 console.I also have a few doors left in Pacific North west.The 70 XR7 cluster is same and will work in late 69 as long as ribbon is same color and all harness's are compatible.The diff is in 70 they had white letterring and in 69 the lettering was blk on the warning lights.Catz ya catz later:cool:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do still have them and I am not opposed to shipping them, though the thought is a little frightening to me. I would want to do it carefully and properly and I have no idea what it would cost.

·
Registered
31 Posts
do you have the main engine wirng harness,and if so how much do uwant for it?

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
I have a set of 70 regulators but will be a couple of weeks till i can get them out i am also interested in getting a drivers side door panel for 70 and xr7 panels for 69 or seventy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts