Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fine condition 351W oil pan (bought brand new one online), along with a 67/68 trunk trim piece (de-anodized/minor pitting showing, that can be sanded out) and 2-row radiator that I don't need. If anyone has any of the following for trade, please let me know. If I can't find anything worth trade, I'd be glad to give away for shipping from 53086 WI. Parts I'm looking for are: 67 standard dash emblem (have two, not quality), 2 belt water pump pulley (Bob replied), and a nice am/fm radio face. Eric.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi,

Just got ourself's our first 1967 Cougar XR7 but we're in need of a new radiator as the old one's sprung a leak. Im looking into the alternatives to a second hand one instead of shelling out a couple of hundred dollars on a new one.

If your interested in a deal, let me know the condition of the radiator please.

Thank you
// Pierre

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Roger, I don't want money for the radiator, just maybe trade for any of the few parts I still need, plus shipping. I'm going to check out that she still holds water as she did before I bought the 3-row radiator. It did have one rib that was professionally soldered shut, and will send you pics if you send me your email. Pierre, if Roger doesn't want it you'll be next in line.

sportsspecial, I don't know the size of the oil pan, only that it was the exact same size as my 351W, with exception of the rear main seal.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also have lots of trim to get rid of, some quarter windows, original 67 struts. Just pay shipping on the parts. I would like some money for the oil pan, though, because that cost $50 plus shipping.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, she held water just fine. I laid her on her back, filled it up until it almost overflowed on the bottom opening, put my palm over it, tipped it up and no leakies. Rib openings look excellent too.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pic upload utility is f'ing garbage. If you want to see pics, send me your email address and I'll send you full size pics. I have three sets of front window trim, two sets of rear trim, my original tinted quarter windows (chrome okay, minor pittings), plus the struts, driver's side fender (just needs lower rear fixed (bondo'd); beautiful but I picked up one without rust), three headlight covers (two polished; one came apart at the spot welds), all the innards for the quarter windows, all the innards for the doors, non-tinted door windows, my original dome light covers, a cougar emblem for the passenger side headlight cover (no pits). All goes for free - 'tis the season...

Post your email addresses and first come first served.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Pics of other stuff. Attached my metal knobs on accident, and can't remove. If anyone has a trashed am radio, I'd be interested in the control rods that come out of the radio and on which the knobs fit onto. I'm thinking about extending them as way to avoid the need for floor console-like knobs.
SAM_1605.jpg SAM_1610.jpg SAM_1613.jpg SAM_1614.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pierre, I'll give Roger until tonight to reply and then it's yours. It's a 2-row radiator, and is standard dimensions to fit a 67/68.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pierre, the radiator is yours. Send me your mailing address, and I'll try to figure shipping.

Anyone have a 351W alternator bracket that bolts to the head side?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anyone have a junk 67/68 am? I'm going to try to extend the rods so I can use my existing non-console metal knobs, and could use a pair of rods from anyone to make it work.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm pretty sure I have a junk radio.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts