Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a 1967 Cougar XR7. Does anyone know if there is a company that has quarter panels and fenders available? I have been looking but can not find any. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
11,000 Posts
Instead of buying a rust bucket, why not buy a good rust free Cougar from Don instead? Replacing quarter panels is exremely difficult and not normally worth the trouble. Shipping an entire Cougar to Connecticut will be cheaper than replacing one quarter panel, much less all that you have mentioned.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Royce
The car I am looking at is a local female owned 289 auto car. Currently registered and daily driven. The fenders are fixable and someone already put patch panels on the quarters. i do body work and just thought it would be better to do whole quarter panels. My buddy has a Boss 302 Mustang and he is laughs because Mustang parts are easy to get!!!!! I saw the panels within the last year on the internet, but just don't remember where.

·
11,000 Posts
There are repro steel panels available but they are a joke. I wish I could say they were made overseas but they are made right here in the good ole USA. Not one character line is the right size or shape. They don't have the right curvature. They suck big time!

There are also fiberglas replacement rear quarters. They are the right shape but the quarter panels are integral structural members on a '67 - 68 Cougar. The car will not be structurally sound with those.

If the quarters are bad the floor and trunk and wheel houses are no doubt trashed too. Why bother?

·
Registered
694 Posts
I don't know if it will help but when I bought my XR7G it came with a pair of really nice front 67 fenders. I'm not in the Cougar "parts business" per say although it seems like it lately. I've seen less quality front fenders go for two hundred or more at cougar shows and I have no idea what shipping one or two fenders would cost, but wanted to let you know I do have a couple front 67 fenders. I'm in St. Louis area......Keith
636-925-8888

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
Hey,
Let me know what parts you need when you begin. I've got a Buttload, as well as a stripped parts car in my yard. II've also got some decent sets of seats. I'm in RI and my baby jst got back so it's time to put her together. All extra parts will finally be sold as I put the best on her (8 set of tailights/3 or 4 grills) Give me a shout if you need anything.

Steve:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts