Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering, If headers from a 69 mustang would fit in a 69 cougar, and what about the brakes? Are the discs and pads in the front the same? Does anyone know of a website or book that shows what compatible between the fords and mercs? thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
brakes are the same too, but 69 dont fit on 70, and 70 are to big for 69 (spindles are different). But Mustang/Cougar are same.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So if I stay within the same year i'm ok? What about the back drums. What size would they be on a 69. I suppose I could check, but I wouldnt do that until next weekend. The headers should fit fom a 69 as well?

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Yeah, if you stay with the same year you will be ok. Most rear drums are the same 10x2. some where 10x2 1/4 or 2 1/2 . But they will bolt on any rear with the proper shoes from 68-73. Have fun, measure the drums, and play safe.

Rick

·
Registered
273 Posts
1968 car---1971 engine

Hey I've got a 68 with a 351c 2v. Do you know if there are any headers that will fit this engine in this car?????? Help Lance

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Well, they never had the 351C in 68 so you might need to get a set of swap headers. The engine compartments are close to the 70, so the Hooker Super Comp.'s might fit, but Im not sure. Talk to Hooker and ask the tech guys, tell them your set up and they could point you in the right direction.
Good luck.

Rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts