Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a site that seems to have quite a good parts catalogue for 67 - 73 cougars, don't know if anyone needs it, but its 51 pages long, you download it in pdf format, takes about 5 minutes.
Very useful for me if the parts numbers are ford numbers. Don't know how they compare price wise, its a Canadian site, Rick, you probably know it, are the prices CAN$ or US$.

http://dtmn.com/DTMClassicFord/

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
by looking at the prices, Id say they are in Canadian funds. I'll have to check for a postive answer though.

Rick

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, Judy said they looked a bit steep to be US$, but its amazing, got all the bushings numbers that I need, now to bulley Ford SA into finding similar for me.:)
And their comment to anything old is 'sell it'.:(

·
Registered
88 Posts
$ Canadian vs US

Dark7068,
What is the exchange rate for CD to USD?

If the prices are CDN then some of their Items may not be too badly priced. i.e a pair of rear leaf springs are $330. and their $159 USD each through Mustangs Unlimited. Shipping and Customs may make it prohibitive though, but worth looking in to.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think Rick told me once that it was CAN$ 1.25 = US$1.00, but that was a while back, so I could be out.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hmm, so if my math is correct, the USD price of an item would be around 80% of the CD price.....HUH!!!....i.e. Something $100 CDN would be $80 in USD? After I lived in Europe for over 10 years, one would think I would be better at conversion rates...LOL. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just divide the CAN$ by 1.25, gets the same answer, but like I said, I could be wrong re the exchange rate:)

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
the exchange rate is 1.65 Canadian = 1.00 US our money sucks.
so 100. Canadian is roughly 65.US $hitty huh. so like 36%

Rick

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, then just divide the amount by 1.65, don't worry Rick, its not half as bad as ours.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Well, it's worse than ours. Euro's actually do more than USD's now. Spot at the board is now: EUR/USD 1.0259

Good for my parts prices!!

Cheers!
Matthijs

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm wondering if they ship to the US. The web site basically says "...serving Canadians..." I bookmarked the site, it's always good to have another source.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Canadian only?

:finger:

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
NOT NICE Have you checked ebay, 90% will only ship to US only, its about time someone WONT ship to the US. Ive emailed sellers and ask if they'd ship to Canada and they say NO.

I mailed you those clips for FREE, and thats how you post. :(

;)

·
Registered
150 Posts
cougar parts

I just recieved the Cougar catalog from Auto Krafters.
Are their prices resonable, and how are they to do business with ?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Amen Rick! Let them have it for once!
;)

Cheers!
Matthijs

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
You Canadians have my sympathy, Rick I have had to jump through hoops to send things to members up there. I couldn't beleive that UPS US charges me to send it to you and the UPS Canada charges you to deliver it! :confused:
You guys are really getting screwed up there.
Maybe you should move down here on weekends to bolt on new stuff, then drive back over the border for supper!
Was it this bad before NAFTA?
(NAFTA = Not A Fair Trade Agreement) :angryfi:
Obviously Clinton wasn't happy screwing Interns and the voters, he had to screw the neighbors as well. :mad:

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
I never used to get stuff before this year. Ive always got parts in Canada, or done without. :) The parts I have bought from the US have been alot cheaper then here, even with the duty, so you have to shop around ALOT for a good deal. On most of the parts I need for my Cougar, I'll be giving Ray a call first, and hopefully he will beable to help, or know of someone in Canada first bfore I cross the border. Its actually cheaper to buy a parts car then order small parts from the US.

I bought my 68 Torino for the 390, etc. I priced up all the parts I needed for the swap,, and it came to over 1200.US. I got the torino for 700. Canadian (500.US) and had everything I needed, 390, C6, mounts,9in. rear, disk brakes, linkage, etc. even good interior and panels. I also made myself extra coin in selling parts so I made my money back on the purchase. So it pays for us to check around first. There is a place across the border I can use to get parts delivered to and then go pick up, or get a friend to and then semd them to me I just might do when I start making money again, and get them sent there if I have to. I wont be getting anything from the states for awhile.
Except the seats from cougarguy, I really need those for the fairlane now cuz I sold my bench seat so I could pay bills :( and I also sold my consoles. So Greg, if you still have the seats, I will get them soon as I sell some more parts, cuz I dont want to sit on the milk crate anymore ;)

Rick

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
TheRktmn said:
You Canadians have my sympathy, Rick I have had to jump through hoops to send things to members up there. I couldn't beleive that UPS US charges me to send it to you and the UPS Canada charges you to deliver it! :confused:
Its not bad if you put a low value price and as a gift, then we wont get hit big with taxes (15%, and we get charged taxes in US prices) and duty. :)

Rick

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh well, none of you have my sympathy cos' I get messed about on all sides when trying to get stuff, local stores rip us off, to send money to USA or Canada the local banks rip us off, and then the $hit currency adds the final blow.
Gotta love foreign cars

1 - 20 of 34 Posts