Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
well when i went and took pics of the 68 yesterday i purchased that rusted out 70 xr7 convertible. Noone bought any parts from it thank god. Had a problem w/ a so called friend that i sold the 2 front buckets and center console out of my eliminator. I sold them cheap cause i figured he was a good guy and he was gonna install them in his 71 torino 500. Well he used the seats but sold the console on ebay for 280.00. I made a sworn vouge to never sell any cougar parts to non cougar owners that would put them up on ebay and try n make a profit on them.And he had intentions of doing that to this 70 xr7 i just bought.Anyway probably next weekend the stripping process begins, the owners are taking the front spindles and the rearend i sold to a kid for helping me w/ the stripping process on it for his 68 stang coupe.Went and seen that the 2 stabilizer bars that run from the control arms to the front the braces rotted completly off the radiator support. John the power steering setup is still there, i think it may need a new set of hoses but there all there still. I`ll be taking lots of pics of the parts as they come off
thanks
pat

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Hi Pat. Is the dash any good? I don't need the pad, just the gauge and clock assys, also the switch block in the pad. Thanks in advance

Bruce

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
Pat

Let me know what the total comes to for all the bits I wanted when you figure out the freight. Could you add the trunk light to the list as well.

Think that's the glass and regulators, plastic piece under the instruments, trim between the door frame welting and rear quarter panel (that covers the gap) and trunk light

Wouldn't mind the front indicators if they are any good as well.

Thanks and have fun breaking it up

·
Registered
885 Posts
Pat,

Any chance you have a decent LH windshield pillar molding you could part with?

Steve C.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys,
i will do my best to see what i can do, Leon i will get everything together when i start stripping,Bruce the switch panel was already spoken for, as for the instrument clusters, you just need the trim and the clock?Steve ill have to think about the pillar trim because all the pieces are in perfect shape, and hate to part w/ just 1 piece to it.
thanks
pat

·
Registered
885 Posts
Pat,

I'm also looking for the mercury (no pun) switch (light socket) for the hood courtesy light. If you don't want to split up the pillar mouldings, do you want to offload both as a set?

Steve C.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steve,
the pair i may be able to unload together. the other parts i shall see what is still there . I just realized i need the entire heating system to replace the a/c system thats in my eliminator. The car was not supposed to have it but it does. So im going back w/ the stock setup.
thanks
pat

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Pat. No rush. I need the clock with the front trim and if it's any good, the speedo/tach assy. Too bad about the switches, mine are hacked. Also , any chance of a center console? Any drive train parts? I need the passing gear kick-down rod for a FMX...

Bruce

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bruce,
the car does have a center console, but it needs to be restored , but its unmolested.The car does not have a motor or tranny in it as well, plus ill get back to ya on the instrument cluster cause my eliminator doesnt have 1 cause i had sold it a while ago n need a replacement for the car.
thanks
pat
p.s. steve look in my gallery you may have a good chance of seeing the interiors console a lil bit, it does need a arm rest pad, but other then that its complete and uncracked, the dash pad is uncracked as well, i may clean that up n sell it on ebay .

·
Registered
885 Posts
Pat,

The dash looks to be in good shape, but I can't see the pillar mouldings in that picture.

Steve C.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Steve,
there there in the car, those are in good shape as well.
thanks
pat

·
Registered
885 Posts
Pat,

Are the mouldings black? So, what is it going to take to make a deal on the mouldings and mercury switch (if available)?

Steve C.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the swtich block you mean? thats sold already, sorry, as for the mouldings ill give you a price when i have them and everything else off the car, but i will not kill you in a price .
thanks
pat

·
Registered
885 Posts
The mercury switch is the courtesy light socket under the hood of the car. When the hood is in the up position, mercury in the switch flows between the contacts, and completes the circuit thereby lighting the bulb. When the hood is closed, the switch is effectively open.

Thanks,

Steve C.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Steve,
ill have to check on that cause the hood is obviously off the car and i didnt really pay attention to see if 1 was there or not i was more or less concerned on overall condition
thanks
pat
p.s. ill check on it this saturday

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Seatbelts?

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Again,
ill look into what it has but the car is badly rusted so i am not sure what condition they may be in
thanks
pat

·
Registered
906 Posts
Hey, I'm interested in the console. It's blue, or so I'm guessing. Is the chrome in decent shape on the center area? Please email me with a price and we'll talk. It might be a good idea to move this thread to the parts for sale forum.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Pat,

Don't know how far you got Saturday stripping the car, but any determination on underhood mercury switch, or the pillar post mouldings?

Steve

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Steve,
it was pouring out yesterday so i didnt get a chance to check out the car.I am going to try n get there this week. I need some pieces i am missing for a spare steering column i am building. So give me till the end of the week n ill let ya know or if you wanna talk direct call me , the number is in a private mesage left in your mailbox here.
thanks
pat

1 - 20 of 32 Posts