Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
well folks,
thought i tell everyone this time i am serious i am gonna start parting out my eliminator.So far i got the following on ebay now. the hood scoop and the instrument clusters and the panel around the clock.Pretty soon i plan on selling the tailights and the gas door lid as a complete unit. Everything will be up for sale.
thanks
pat
1970 standard triple white convertible

THIS ITEM IS NO LONGER FOR SALE

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry folks

Sorry everyone,
i am in a jamb and really dont know what to do here, with this car.I wanna sell it but then again somethings telling me to keep it, i ended up taking the items off of ebay and gonna give myself time to think on what i wanna do here.
sorry guys.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Pat, I totally understand that, Im toren between selling my torino coupe, or fixing it, and selling my fairlane console. My console is priced kinda high, so if it sells, it sells, if not, I keep it. I had my coupe down to 300US for it, and NO offers, Id rather fix it over the next year or so and sell it for more then GIVE it away. Good luck with the decision, I know you can get more for the car complete then parting it out, even though its in rough shape. Just kinda do abit of work on it, then put it on ebay with a high price, and if it doesnt sell, then KEEP IT :)

Rick

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Pat Eliminators are not parts cars and should be restored unless there is something extremely wrong. Eliminators have some of the highest values Cougar wise. Its a BIG mistake to part out an Eliminator in my opinion. Surely someone will buy the entire cat and restore if if you can't. Parting an Eliminator is like parting a shelby or a cobra there just are not enough examples left and dismantling one means one less forever. Keep it or sell it but don't part it out. Ray

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ray,
i was going thru a dilema on what to do.It`s NOT going to get parted out. Although the car has a incorrect engine,transmission,paint,supposed to be a non A/C car and it has a/c,not supposed to have a tilt column but it does.My plans are to build the 351c put in a tremec TKO 3500 5 speed, upgrade the suspension,wheels and tires, and last but not least upgrade the seats w/ cobra leather seats.Everything else will remain stock, body,color,chrome.
thanks
pat
1970 standard triple white convertible
1970 eliminator MADCATT(turning it into a pro touring car SUICIDE style)
1970 xr7 convertible COMPLETLY rusted out will notify when its in my possesion

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Leon,
undecided right now, if i get really antsy and if i am ambitious i may do it, but for now just a radical drivetrain and perhaps a stock body for now, until i get ideas and see what kinda cash it`ll take me , i wanna concentrate on getting all the parts for the restmod.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts