Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Parting out my 73XR-7 "Ginger" anyone need anything before I go to E-bay?

Well all i have decided to part out my current cat Ginger to help finance the purchase of another cat, i have found another Cat that will fit the bill and iso I need to make room, I hate to part her out but finacial issues and space constraints do not permit otherwise.
I AM GIVING MY FAMILY FIRST DIBS BEFORE I GO TO E-BAY!!!
Here's the details:
Ginger interior with XR-7 Appointments, Leather seats, console, nearly perfect dashpad and dash. Door panels are amazing!
352 C 2v 138,000 miles, new aluminum valve covers and Air Cleaner(have aluminum water pump and edelbrock intake(4v)
and rebuilt holley carb)
body is the bad part but the glass and all is good, weatherstriping is amazingly good for this car, some good body parts, chrome is not bad at all...quite nice for a NE car
Sequential unit works perfectly
I would like to sell the whole car but i know how that goes.
Lot of time in this car but the body just got to bad:(
PLMK if you need something i have not listed And for prices and shipping..thanks!
My signature does not reflect the car !

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention i also have the original valve covers and air cleaner. I also have a Cobra Jet Repop scoop stil in the box.
Heres a pic of the car and the scoop.

Attachments

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah...lol I forgot to include my e-mail address:
[email protected]
or you can PM me on here for more info or more pics, if i do not have a pic i can take one:)
Thanks guys and gals!
with your help my 67 XR-7 will no longer be a dream:)

·
Registered
78 Posts
hi my name is shane if you still have the scoop at the first of the month i would like to have it (pay day ) thank you .. shane;)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope so to Jim i even made up a graph to track my progress with mine and time frame...here it is:)

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am in need of two rims to replace bent ones on my 73'. Mine are 14 X 6 with the 4 1/2" bolt pattern and a 2 7/16" diameter opening in the center. Please let me know how much money you would need if you have two good ones.

Thanks

·
Registered
206 Posts
She's a beauty! Good luck with your endeavors...

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Roger,
You should not have any problem finding steel wheels in your area. 14 x 6 steel rims were available on lots of Ford's and Mopars of the era, that would fit your cat just fine. I must have two or three sets sitting in my attic, but they would not be cheap to ship. If you were local, I 'd tell you to swing by and pick them up for free.

Are you a member of the Lone Star Cougar Club? I would guess there are members in your area that have exactly what you need. If you aren't a member, join :)

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Looks nice Dave, congrats on having made up your mind, sniff, poor Ginger aka Tiger.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Two weeks ago I would have agreed with you but I looked all over Austin and no luck. I posted a request on the Lone Star Cougar site 8 days ago, again no luck. I have stopped at 3 separate Auto Parts (junk yards) along IH 35 and they all said the same thing, "we sold that era for scrap years ago". I posted a request on the Mustang/Cougar message board and so far no response. It would be nice if something were being parted out closer but so far you are the first. UPS ground would not bother me, I can wait, its cheaper than the magnum 500's I would really like. This is the final step to be totally road worthy, in the last 9 months I installed a PST front end, new rear springs, shackles, etc., KYB shocks all the way around, rebuilt and balanced the 351C including a Crane cam, hardened valves, roller timing chain, .040 overbore, Edelbrock Performer intake manifold, Edelbrock 600CFM carb, Hooker ceramic coated headers, aluminum exhaust, had the drive shaft checked for balance, new alternator, starter, and fuel pump, had the transmission rebuilt, new torque converter. I think thats all. I have a small vibration at 56-58 mph and I hope the slightly bent rims are the culprit.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jim,
you were right to think I was getting a 71, I was going to but seeing that it's all the way out in Cali, i would have a hard enough time getting it here let alone reg and insuring it in time for nats. The 67 is about 10 mins from my house and in amazing shape:) Needs cowl repair but nothing that cannot wait till end of season. I have a pic of the interior of my car, i have had a few offers for the door panles and dash pad, but i think i may have to e-bay it if i am to make any money.I really would like to just sell the whole car to get it out of here i really do not have the room to part her.
Either way i need money for this 67 and well i have no other choice..unless someone wants to start a fund...lol
Here's a pic of my interior

Attachments

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Gee, I could use a good complete ginger interior for my PartsCat. I reeeeaaallly am not that fond of its current avacado! My avacado seats are in good shape, but the door panels and dashpad are toast. I might be temped to keep the current green seats and vinyl top but with black carpet, and white door panels, trim panels and headliner. I just don't know. It figures I'd come across another Cat in need of the parts I've sold off over the years....

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well the car will be on e-bay in about a hour or so and it will be there for a week, if no go there then i am going to part it all out, Cougarcj, how much you willing to pay for a intire Ginger interior?:) Let me know maybe we can work out a deal for the car or something...we will see how e bay does!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I'm interested in the dash pad.

·
Registered
50 Posts
interested in parts

I would be interested in the drivers side door panel and bumpers .
Thank you

ron 1973 xr7 yellow with brown interior

1 - 20 of 21 Posts