Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm parting out a 72 Cougar and 71 Cougar XR7, may sell both cars complete if someone is interested. Both H code cars, both have power disk brakes,auto trans, and factory air. 71 has a 351 C, 72 has a 351 Windsor. The XR7 is rough but the 72 is an easy resto with very good interior parts. Email me for your wants and needs.

Zane

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Me first, me first.I could use a few parts if I can get them reasonable enough. I need the drivers side rear interior panel and a rear lower valance. Could also use the door pulls or the whole door panel if you don't want to piecemeal it. Email me at [email protected] and we can talk. Thanks!
Tony

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going to try to sell at least the 72 locally as it is really a restorable car. It would be a shame to part this one. If I don't get any bites, I will let everyone know.

Zane

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
72 Cougar/71 Cougar

Do you have any more pictures of both cars? And how much do you want for the whole car/s? (for the group):D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cougar Kitty,

Check your email.

Zaneh

·
Registered
600 Posts
i need only one thing...the steering coloum sleeve the one that the lock cylinder goes into mine was destroyed by a dumb theif!
I do not care about color...PLMK

Thanks

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
steering collum sleeve

Dave, One on ebay right now!:p: ginger!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Hate to tease you but.....

I have one. It's not for sale. I may know someone who may have one, though. It was for sale awhile back. I'll let you know.:p: You have a very nice collection of cars there. Damn!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Help! I just got my cat and need a few parts... D'ya all know if a 71 seat will fit in a 73? Do you even have the seat still, Zaneh? I really want to drive it, but I can't til I get a few things fixed.....

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
No Kitten

Welcome aboard!
If you look at the date of Zane's post, that was awhile ago.
I'm getting another parts car soon and I'll have a set of extra seats. They are originally 71 XR-7 seats (front buckets) in black. 71-73 are the same in the front seats. What else do you need?

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
71-3 part wanted!

I'm in the need of the rear body panel of a 71-73. This is the panel at the most back edge of the trunk opening. What I really need is the top portion with the trunk weatherstrip channel and the inch or so of good metal below that. My channel turned in to swiss cheese! This channel is about 4 feet wide.

Please help!!!!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
My trunk channel was also swiss cheese. I had the body shop rebuild mine and it looks great! It costed me $500 about 5 years ago. My trunk pan still looks like swiss cheese and you can see the gas tank through it! My inside quarter drop offs are holey too. I had new weather stripping put in and the trunk still gets full of water(have to take the trunk mat out).

Are you thinking about cutting it out of another car?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Nokitten seat ???

The 71-73 seats can interchanged and if its not an xr7 then you can also use seats from a mustang. Hope this helps as far as the whole seat question goes.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Thanks for the info, Cougar Kitty & rbaney. I also need a steerung wheel (pref w/ complete cougar emblem), some mirrors and the taillights. My cat's an XR7, so pony seats wont work. Cougar Kitty, if you get that car before to long, I'd like your seats.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
No problem!
What color is your interior? Tell us a little more about your cat!;)

·
Registered
751 Posts
Well, Interior's ginger with a Copper exterior. XR7 from '73. I'm trying to get her street legal so I can drive her around. Alot of little things need done, and she (amazingly) still has the original owners' manual and Cal. Emissions pack. My top three concerns right now are the driver's seat, a brake booster (pretty sure that that's the problem with the brakes), and taillight wiring. As soon as I can shrink my pics to a Kb, I'll upload some. My Dig camera is too good, and a Pic is 500kb.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Photos

I just uploaded 4 pics into my gallery. They're all of the original condition of the car, including damage that needs fixed. Take a look.:angelg:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Nokittten

Looking good!
You don't seem to need too much for that car. Check mine out under the 72 cat-agory. Mine was worse than yours 8 years ago!

·
Registered
124 Posts
NoKitten said:
I just uploaded 4 pics into my gallery. They're all of the original condition of the car, including damage that needs fixed. Take a look.:angelg:
Wow, looks like the hardtop clone of my ragtop! :beer:

I really need to get a few pics of mine up. Hey, if you run across any parts cars with ginger interior...........

Joe

1 - 20 of 26 Posts