Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have tried to keep this Cat together but it has not sold so here we go on the parting out. First, this Cat is a 390GT that came with a heavy duty 3 speed manual transmission. There were only 84 cars like this made in 1968. Then if you factor in the Nordic Blue Exterior and the Light Blue Standard Interior colors, there were only a couple made and this could be the last one in existence. So I hate to do it but here goes and let's see if this works..

Second, I am going to sell parts in a certain way so that I do not end up with a shell and nothing else. So here are the items and prices for what I am going to sell first and in this order. These are all very nice parts as they were for a restoration.

1. Shell - restored with a few things remaining but the hard part is complete - $2500
2. Engine - 390GT engine fully rebuilt and ready to install - $3900
3. 9" Ford Rear Axle with 3.25 gears - fully cleaned, rebuilt and detailed - $800
4. New rear leaf springs - $145
5. Restored fenders - $325 each
6. Restored doors with no interior parts, hardware, hinges or glass - $250 each
7. Hood Grade A with some dings on the nose - $350
8. Hood Grade B with some dings on the nose and minor rust through under the lip - $200
9. Restored trunk lid - $375
10. Once the above parts are sold then all other parts can be sold and I will list them or you can email me with the parts you want. I have mostly all the parts. There are just a few items missing.
11. Complete original tinted glass set - $650
12. Window regulators - $35 each
13. Vent window - LH or RH - mising vent handle - $35 each
14. Door lock rods (3) - $18
15. Door latch assembly - $40 each
16. Door handle shaft assembly - $10 each
17. Door lock set
18. (2) Sets - Ignition lock, door locks, trunk lock and keys - $30/set
19. Window Channel - $25 each
20. Door window rear guide - $15 each
21. 1967 wiring harness - complete - $275
22. 1968 wiring harness - complete - $275
23. (2) wide case 1966-70 toploader 4 speed manual transmission - rebuilt - $1500 each
24. Manual transmission console complete - needs restoration - $350
25. Standard light blue door panels (both) - $150
26. Standard light blue rear quarter panels (both) $150
27. Nice light blue rear seat -
28. Radio bracket for use with console - $45
29. Console wiring, light shifter light for AT - $75
30. Console radio bracket - fair condition but useable - $25
31. Console radio pad - $95
32. Steering column with steering wheel with blue pad - $135
33. Power Steering gear box - Oct 1966, Aug 1967, April 1968 - $95 Each
34. (2) GT Front Sway Bars - $75 each
35. Nice restored 1968 Power Disc brakes, booster, pedal, etc. - ask for price
36. Nice partially restored 1967 Power Disc brakes,booster, pedal etc - ask for price
Parts that I don't have prices for yet. Ask if you need something as I likely have it. I do have a lot of 1967 parts left from the 1967 Cat where I sold the body, doors, fenders, hood, trunk lid and rear axle.

If you reply to the post stating what you want then you will be first in line. I will honor those that request first. So even if you PM or call me please reply with the items you want. Remember the shell/body/chassis must be sold first before I sell any other parts.

George
408-531-7541 - leave a message and I will call you back.
Call, email or PM.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No dash pad.
I have a few front dash pads for the standard body.
I will put you 1st in line for the headliner bows.
As mentioned in the post, the shell/body/chassis needs to get sold first. I will let you know when that happens. It is a great deal so it should not take too long. The shell has all the rust repair done with a couple minor issues left, it was soda blasted, it was sand blasted in a few spots and the underside looks like new with the rubberized undercoating. The floors are mostly new.

Do you have a dash pad headliner bows I live in san jose so I can pick up

·
11,000 Posts
I sent you an email.

·
11,000 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
you said 3speed? manual or auto? i am after a c6 crossmember for my kitty

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Manual transmission on the 1968 Cougar that I am parting. I do have a C6 crossmember but it is not original to a Big Block Cougar. I am not sure what car it is from but it was in my 1967 Cougar 390GT that came from the factory with C6 and had the correct C6 when I bought it and it seemed to work just fine. I still have the piece if you can use it for $58 including shipping.

you said 3speed? manual or auto? i am after a c6 crossmember for my kitty

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IMPORTANT - RE: Parting Out 1968 390GT - Nice Stuff

Just a note guys. I have been receiving a lot of requests for parts. That's good for us both. However, it is difficult to keep track unless you actually leave a reply to the thread so we know who is first in line for something, second, third etc. So it is OK to send me a PM or Email with your request but I need you to reply to the thread too so no one gets upset and everyone knows where they stand. Just a quick reply is fine, like I PM'd you or I emailed you about the shell (for example). If #1 does not buy the part(s) then #2 is in line. Like that. I would appreciate it.

By the way, please pass the word about the shell/body/chassis with or without the doors/fenders/hood/trunk lid/rear axle so I can get that out of the way and then I can move the rest of the parts. I sold my 67 body this same way as just the shell/body/chassis. We loaded it onto an enclosed transport and shipped to Colorado. It was kind of like buying a Dynacorn Body. I know there are a ton of cars out there that have serious rust issues so this could be very helpful as you can see what you get. If you buy a donor car and get it home and strip it down and then find you have major rust restoration issues it will cost a lot more than this one not to mention the aggravation and time. Plus this is nicely undercoated. I only want $2500. I think you will agree that is fair.

Thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
pm sent on the console and front sway bar

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The complete project with all parts and there are many more parts then I have listed for sale in the post. There are very few items missing. I have a list that I can supply if you are interested after you get the price. This is a 390GT (April 1968) with heavy duty 3 speed transmission and 3.25 9" axle. 1 of 84 cars built in 1968 so when you take into consideration the color combination (Nordic Blue/Light Blue Standard Interior) this could be close to the last one in existence. Clear title and vin numbers are correct in all locations. Give me a call and we can talk about why this is a great deal when compared to buying a donor car or a running car for less then the price of this Cat and then tearing it down and making all the repairs. When done this will be as close to a new Cougar as it gets. How much would you pay for a new 1968 Cougar?

Price - $8500 plus transportation
I may be able to haul the car at my cost with an enclosed trailer so everything arrives in good condition.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I need $8500 for the entire project. If one went out and bought a donor for a few thousand you would end up paying $8500 for the body work alone and then be stuck with a bunch of crappy parts that you don't want to install. So then you need to be spending untold hours to find all the "nicer" parts that you want. With this package you don't need to go through the aggravation. Plus this is a 1 or 84 built in 1968 with the 390GT and 3 speed manual transmission and when you factor in the Nordic Blue paint and the Light Blue Interior this could be the last remaining vehicle of its kind. I can't believe that it has not been sold already what with all the rusted out Cougars all over the country that need major rust repair and other repairs too. This package comes with a clear title, correct Vin numbers for the fender apron, windshield and door.

Silvercat
408-531-7541

what were you asking for the whole before?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts