Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yup ive finally been able to secure the deal with the tow yard. he he he... all i have to do is take the car down to school and hack it up. just have to clear a thing there first, but the car is clear for my taking now :). so now comes the task of parting it out. not much of an interior left on it, but there are good body parts. no engine, and the rear end has been spoken for already. there are some pics of the car on here and ill post a link if i can find the thread again, but due to my computer crashing, i dont have any way to post pics of parts at the moment. the passengers fender is also spoken for and i think thats all for now. all of the glass is still in it looked to be in decent shape too. ill start taking list and inquiries for parts now but be patient as my computer is still down and i have to come to the library to check my mail.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
889 Posts
a small part

I want the plug that goes in to the brake sending unit that is on top of the distribution block. if it has disc brakes how much for the block.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I could sure use the window regulators and glass for my 69.
Are they still with the car or already spoken for?
Whats the dash look like? Did it have guages in black,
or camera faced? I'm looking for a few of these things.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
the glass is still in the car and is not spoken for yet. ill look and see about the distribution block too. im pretty sure its a disc brake car. it had AC at one time and id find it odd to have that with drums... oh yeah. sorry that i take a while to respond. damn computer still isnt fixed. the dash isnt in good shape, and it has the woodgrain bezel around the instruments. ( non clock standard instuments ) umm.... still had the radio bezel in camera case finish last i saw. im keeping the seats and seat frames for myself for anotehr car though. they arent in good shape either, but the frames themseves are.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
how about the door panels and back seat panels they spoken for yet?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I'm interested in the window glass and regulators, if you still have them. Also looking for '69 bumpers and taillights.
Heck, all I have to start with is a body w/correct numbers,
I'm looking for a lot of stuff...mmm
E-mail [email protected]

Thanks
Shane:cry:

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
P/S pump for Sly

Sly:
I have a spare P/S pump from a 68 Tbird - looks identical to the one on my 69 cat.
Probably more economical to ship from NH to Que than from CA. Especially if I send it to you "for repair".
Let me know if you're interested.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you can guarantee that a P/S pump from a 68 TBird will fit a 70 Cougar... then I'd be interested. I know many times Ford is Ford. Anyone ever swap TBird to Cougar?

How much you looking to get for it? ...and how much much would shipping be from NH?

If you have a pic, I'd love to see it. If you want, you can email me at "[email protected]". Thx in advance.

Sly

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Hey Sly. I sent you an email offline.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the door panels are still there. the rear ones are pretty nasty though. ill pop off the front ones and clean them up to get a nice idea of how they really are. the taillights were stolen when the car was still sitting in the mini mall parking lot so they are gone. the rear bumper isnt all that great either. might make a nice core if you need that though. ill give ya the first shot at the glass LIL. not sure how the regulators are though, once again, when i can get it here ill examen the condidition of the parts alot more closely. dammit, i need to get this to a safehouse soon lol. oh yeah, i think the car still has the PS pump. im not sure of its condidition, but if it is still indeed there, ill let ya know. i do think its there though..... might be on one of those pics. ill update as soon as i can.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
70 glass & regulators

Thanks man, I'm in no hurry. I was afraid that I would not be able to locate a donor for the parts. I'm interested in the whole window set front and rear. Regulators, glass, and even the tracks.
I've never done this before but I've been told this will eliminate my future headaches with loose and vibrating, leaking glass seals.
Any advice certainly welcome.
sixt9 Email shane when you get set up.
[email protected] :ylsup: :ylsup: :ylsup: :ylsup:

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no problem, ill let you know and ill pull all of the parts off for you. not sure what shipping will be for the parts, but er.... ill just say that glass is heavy...... i plan on picking up the car tonight and begine evaluating all the stuff on it. ill post as soon as i can . hell i might get my computer fixed tonight too. WOO HOO!!!

·
Registered
889 Posts
let me know

Dude ya shoulda got a Dell,The place aint the same with out ya.Anyway,Do you gots the parts for me?My zip is 44139 that should give an est. on shipping via bahtroom scale + 2LB for your scales off. anyway let me know.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
thats okay about the rears steve i was hoping of putting them in my 69 but the doors panels i do need for my 70

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Sixt9coug,
I don't think shipping will be a problem for us. I am the first born son of a mother trucker. You call, we haul...
You just let me know when your ready, No hurry, No worry...
The family business is a transportation company, there won't be any problems there. I been everywhere man...
[email protected]:ylsup: :ylsup: :ylsup:

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
its home :) well, until i can get it to school and shred the poor thing. kinda hurts to rip apart an original yellow/black car. even though it is a heap. the car does have discs and it still has the metering block so ill rip that off as soon as i can. i pulled the door panels and cleaned them up a bit. they do look good but the passengers side one has a small tear near the lock knob. the drivers side one seems to have some warpage near the bottom, but i think that was due to the fact that it was missing some of the retaining clips that hold it on. i think that if the clips are put back in place that it will be fine. they are both for a 70 Std and are both black. i think i still have the armrest for them too. they havent been cut for speakers or anything so thats cool. umm, what else....... the glass is still there, i pulled the passengers door one out already. saw a part number stamped inside of the door shell too. its a C9 part number too. strange, never saw one of those on a body panel before. the passengers door is in grat shape and rust free. so are both front fenders. well, some minor dents, but no rust. the rear 1/4s are very nice as well. 2 minor bubbles on the front of the left rear wheelhouse opening but other than that rust free as well. the drivers door seems to be the only panel that really has rust in it. even then its not THAT bad. the hood is clean as well. another thing too.... on top of the gas tank it has what looks like a tube coming off of it to a charcoal canister deal. kinda like a vapor recovery system for the fumes. is this correct?? ive never seen this on a Cougar before. it all apprears to be therebut its kinda strange. seeing as my 69 pretty much has no smog crap on it, i didnt expect to see any on here either. im still around as well, so if you all need anything let me know still. oh yeah MunchE --- you might be better off Emailing me with your phone number or something so i can get that fender out quicker. hell maybe i can sell you more stuff of of it. he he he.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hmm, not sure what panels go for these days.... thats probably good for you lol. on one good note though, i did pull the rear ones off and after alot of scrubbing, guess what??? they are actually in decent shape. i guess all that dirt helped to preserve them a bit. they arent perfect, but quite useable. lemme know what you want to spend and ill work from there. [email protected]

1 - 20 of 29 Posts