Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Black standard interior most of body shot, rad support is nice as well as drivers frnt apront , drive train is sold , interior is nice , console is broken but useable for a driver. Pm with needs

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I would suggest that you add where the car is located, city/town and state is enough. And if you are willing to ship parts. Was the car manual or automatic trans? Any other options? Tilt? Intermittent wipers? Rear window defrost? Stereo? Was it wrecked that the body is shot? Or just a rust bucket? What is the condition of the chrome and trim?

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car is in eastern pa, body is rusty car was 3514v 4 speed. No tilt wheel, most chrome would need to be re done, original stereo not present, im willing to ship smaller stuff but not stuff like seats, car has tach, right now power steering, pb and staggerd shocks are pending and non posi rear is pending. Body is good for patches, all glass is good,

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Was the car an XR-7? Or a standard Cougar? You stated that it has black standard interior. That would not be the style in an XR-7. Every XR-7 built has a tach. Is your tach the XR-7 style? Or something different? Post the VIN and, if readable, the codes on the door data plate sticker. That will help us to know what you have and if it will work in the next guys car.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Thanks for the additional information Chris. I'm not sure that I ever knew that a 71 standard with the GT package received a tach. Was the GT option available with the XR-7 option? Or was the GT option only available on a standard Cougar?

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thanks for the additional information Chris. I'm not sure that I ever knew that a 71 standard with the GT package received a tach. Was the GT option available with the XR-7 option? Or was the GT option only available on a standard Cougar?

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95
Interesting question. I grabbed my CBTN book, and it shows only the the Standard Hardtop as having the "GT Appearance Group" with 787 units. No XR7s, no convertibles, just the Standard Hardtop.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yes only the standard hard top. "91" body code.. Also the harness is unique to the GT, warning lights are in different places than a standard non GT package..
Chris AZ

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Yes only the standard hard top. "91" body code.. Also the harness is unique to the GT, warning lights are in different places than a standard non GT package..
Chris AZ
Thanks for enlighting me Chris. It just goes to prove no matter how long I am involved with these cars I can still learn something new about them.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The car is in fact a 91 cde its a gt m code 351 4v, i got tach and wiring . Had standard interior its not an x r 7. Gotta sell this stuff !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are you still parting the 71 cougar? im looking for the grille n trim around the headlamps n turn lights for the front /both taillights rh crome bezal for tail light /rear bumper/n passenger front seat (mainly need the bottom n brackets? very interested in the center consul as well shoot me back some price,s thank,s

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm looking for the chrome piece that goes above the cornerlights and down the side. It is stamped with D1WB-13B164. I need the passenger side. It just needs to be indecent shape with any bent pieces. I will probably send it out forre-chroming so the shine is not necessary.
Do you have it and if so what are you asking?
Thanks - Rob Cubbon [email protected]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

I know this thread is 5 yrs old, but do you still have any parts left on that 71 GT Cougar? I'm in need of the rear sway bar assy & front license plate bracket and the 5 slot Kelsey Hayes wheels-if it had them.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Blake F.

four80-225-2819

1 - 17 of 17 Posts