Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While trying to get my annual safety inspection done out here in Hawaii, the cougar failed due to the front parking lamps not working. Here's the weird part. The lamps work fine with just the running/parking lamps on, but as soon as you turn the headlamps on the front park lamps go out. I replaced both bulbs this morning and the fuse is fine. So my questions are, is this normal operation for the 69? and if not any suggestions on the cause? I know that 69 was around the time that laws were changing regarding lights on cars but this doesnt make any sense to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

·
Registered
3,141 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I figured that was the case. It worked too well and continuosly for it to be a malfunction. I dont think that I will take the car back to that guy for my safety inspection. Again thanks alot.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
you can fix them to stay on with the headlights by removing the front parking light wire from the light switch and hooking it to the taillight circut on the h/l switch
doctordesoto

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Islandcougar, like TheRktmn said, that is normal. When the headlights are on and the parkinglights are off, when you use your turn signals then the parkinglights should blink. John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts