Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to move at least one XR7-G to make room so I can work on both of my new projects at the same time. Both are fully documented, in the registry, are the same color combo (Lime Frost ext & Dark Ivy int). One car was off the road for at least 10 years and the other one was in storage for 30 years. Both have been completely gone through to make them roadworthy, safe, and reliable. I really only would like to move one but should someone want a pair I could make that happen as well at a special discounted price. Anyone wishing to see additional photos or like more info send me a PM with your email address and/or your phone number should you would like to talk in person.

"His" XR7-G is a numbers matching car with 60K original miles. 390 s-code, AT, PS, PB, AC (needs re-charge), AM radio, no sunroof. Lots of new trim, including bumpers, etc, etc.. Beautiful original Vinyl top. Super nice Int, with only the front seats and console top being recovered. This car runs and drives awesome. Car was in storage from 1978-2010. Asking Price $31,500

A link to info regarding this car can be found at http://www.mercurycougar.net/forums/showthread.php?46857-1968-xr7-g-60k-actual-390&highlight=indiana+xr7-g

"Hers" XR7-G is a non-numbers matching car. 302 j-code (rebuilt with only sixteen miles), AT, PS, PB, AC (not installed, but have all the parts), AM/FM radio, non sunroof, see link below for interesting details and history. Super solid Beverly Hills car, still has its original mufflers, tailpipes and XR7-G tips. Asking $21,500.

http://www.mercurycougar.net/forums/showthread.php?34722-The-quot-Leroy-Black-quot-68XR7-G-J-Code

·
Registered
563 Posts
regarding the "His" car, how many folks have owned this car since the auction in Indiana? it was sold at auction for $17,600. what has been done to it since then?

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Vince;

Since you asked I bought the car from the guy that bought it at the auction. He added at a minimum the following:

Alternator
Fuel Tank and lines
Water Pump
Brake Calipers and Wheel Cylinders
Brake Lines
All Belts and Hoses
New Tires
Complete engine detail
Complete engine Tune up

And here is My parts list:

Pair of Used Tailight Assemblies
Re furbished Wheel Open. Mldngs & Trunk Trim
Rechromed Rear Bumper
Rechromed Front Bumper
Used Deluxe Seat Belt Set
Reproduction A/C Vent Registers
PS Hose from Pump, Clamp, PS Insulator,
PS Hose to Valve,
Sunvisor Anchor Pins & Tips
Misc. Screws
Decklid Emblem
PS Cylinder boots & Bushing Kit
Flexplate
Battery Hold Down Clamp & Bolts
Tailight Protectors
Tailpipes
Brakelight Switch
Wiper Arms
Air Cleaner
Air Cleaner Decal
Exh. Clamps.
Temp Sensor
Rebuilt Brake Booster & Master Cyl
XR7G Style Exhaust Tips
Exh Connectors & License Bolts
Bumper Bolt Set
Wheel Moulding Screws
Chrome Lug Nuts
Window track Roller
H-Pipe and Donut Gaskets & Clamps
Reproduction Front Seat Cover Set
XR7G Mirror
Mirror Bezel & Nut,
Trunk Lock Cover
Trunk XR7-G Emblem
Xr7-G Pillar Emblems
New Quarter Hockey Stick
New Rocker Mouldings
New Quarter Cougar Scripts
New Deck Script
Frt. Fender Ext Mercury Script
New Quarter Reflectors
New Front Fender Lights Bezels & Gskts
Pass Side Ext Moulding
New Door and Quarter Window Felt Kits
Choke Tube Kit
Door Sill Plate & Screws,
Door Sill Emblems
Antenna Body Pad
Deck Lid Clips & Nuts
Hi-Quality Trunnk Mat
Yellow Side Marker Bulbs
Window Crank Handle Covers
Rechrome Air Cleaner Lid
Repro XR7-G Hood Pin Kit
Battery Cables and Heater Hose
Spark Plug Separaters
Headlight Switch
Ign Switch & Bezel
New Rear Package Tray
Solid State signal light box
Door Lock Knobs
Finesse Pinstripe Tape for Hand Painted Pin Stripes
Woody's Autobody Complete Re-Paint

I'm sure there been a few more things. but that all I have on my list.

·
Registered
563 Posts
if you can get .50 back for every $1.00 spent you're doing good.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its not about the money, I just do these cars to keep me busy and out of the bars. I don't expect to make money, if I did I would be working on someone elses cars. I have had several offers but don't want to make a job of it and take the fun out of doing them.

Besides its only money, you can always make more. and as I always say money is never important, unless you don't have any. LOL

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Its not about the money, I just do these cars to keep me busy and out of the bars. I don't expect to make money, if I did I would be working on someone elses cars. I have had several offers but don't want to make a job of it and take the fun out of doing them.

Besides its only money, you can always make more. and as I always say money is never important, unless you don't have any. LOL

I don't have any money, would you be interested in giving me the S code? :uhoh:

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Scott, good luck on the sale. I think your prices are more then fair. (actually a little to low)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Great cars! You gotta love green, huh? I'm still looking for a red with black interior XR7G, small block car, that I missed out on here in Arizona about 7 years back....
I would love to find out where that one is! (I think it went to California, but ??)

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not sure what the deal is with green, its not even my favorite color. It seems everytime I find the type car I want to buy its green. It kind of grows on me. Its really nice when its new and fresh, but when its old and dull it looks like $h!T. Below is a photo of one of my latest projects I'm recently acquired, ands of course its green as well.

·
11,000 Posts
Are there recent pictures of the cars posted somewhere?

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Royce;

I am planning on putting them on my Scotts garage sale website sometime late next week. If you would like PM me your email address and I will forward you an email with over 50 photos I took of the J-code last weekend. The photo up top was taken on 6/17/12.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts