Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i know there is already forum going about roller paint but i have a few specific questions id like to ask.

1.) Can you roll it with auto paint from like an auto parts store?
2.) I need an honest opinion, will it look good if i take my time and wet sand paint wet sand paint etc.?
3.) Its not gonna be a show car but id like it to turn heads will i be able to accomplish this through roller painting?

·
Registered
164 Posts
So i know there is already forum going about roller paint but i have a few specific questions id like to ask.

1.) Can you roll it with auto paint from like an auto parts store?
2.) I need an honest opinion, will it look good if i take my time and wet sand paint wet sand paint etc.?
3.) Its not gonna be a show car but id like it to turn heads will i be able to accomplish this through roller painting?
1.) I don't know. Why do you want to use the auto paint? I used urethane boat paint that is designed to be rolled/brushed. The paint has a nice gloss and my experience so far is that it is very resistant to chipping.
2.)Do you have any experience painting and wetsanding? Before you tackle your car, I'd recommend doing a practice run on some old sheetmetal with thinned rustoleum. This will give you an idea of how it works and what your results will look like.
3.)If you're willing to put in the time, you can get a decent paintjob. I wouldn't advise this if your car is you only means of transportation. This method takes a lot of time and you don't want to rush it.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
1: Yes, you can, and i also know that Glasurit has a special additive to use when it´s going to be brushed or rolled, but it can be done without the additive too.

2: Yes, if you truly put a lot of time and effort in doing the job.

3: Yes.but as stated in #2, it takes time and lots of labour

1 - 3 of 3 Posts