Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the original paint formulas posted online? Moreover, can I go to a body shop and buy X quarts of the paint?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Most stores that sell automotive refinishing supplies would be able to mix up the paint you need, and they would have the formulas. I don't know of anywhere that they are posted online -- and I'd be wary of using them, as they likely vary from paint manufacturer to paint manufacturer. You would just need the paint code from your data plate or Marti report.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Yeah, any decent paint jobber will get you what you need. Some states have requirements that have to be met to purchase paints and use them.....but the guy selling it to you doesn't ask from what I've found. I think you'll find it's cheaper to buy a gallon than a few quarts - particularly if you run short and need another quart

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Do you have any parts that have the original paint on them to judge buy? Best way is to have a paint company match that. Best part I found was the bolts on the trunk hinges! They were not sun faded.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I plan on repainting ky cat in a year or two. In the mean time, I have some bare metal that I want to get some paint on to prevent rust. Also, I want to paint my steel wheels the body color to make those hub caps stand out a lot better. So while I don't plan on painting my car myself, I think I can touch it up and paint the wheels on my own. I just need to know where to get the paint.

Are there any big name chain shops that will sell me just the paint?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts