Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some imput on the colour choice for my cougar:-

attached please find the six I have narrowed it down to.

Your ideas and input will be much appreciated.
Thank you:D

[BMW has very user friendly paint samples ]:D :D

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
im notsure not big on metalics they are hard to repair but i would say d

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
EVER THINK OF FOREST GREEN????

dON

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AVUS BLUE CAMARO

Here's a picture of a Camaro that has been restored and repainted BMW Avus Blue, what do you think??

·
Registered
126 Posts
I personally think they're all too dark but if you have made up your mind on these I would go with "C". You may want to check some GM (sorry lol) colors from 69-70..they are sweet!

·
Registered
889 Posts
do c

I like c the best it looks like the bahama blue of years past Dan

·
Registered
49 Posts
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF or maybe C:D

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
PURPLE

The absolute color that is the best here is the PURPLE not blue, My Camaro is Blue, beautiful but, Cougar is different than Camaro. Purple is the most awesome color I've seen other than a black or maroon red for a 71-73 XR-7 sytle.:D Even though mine is white.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Judy, I know you like the purple, I also like it, but only when its darker, like I said, in sunlight its violent. I saw a 'techno violet' BMW, now that is an awesome colour, but I doubt whether I will get my hubby to agree on that one. Thanks to everyone who has replied, my choice is so much easier.........not! Lol.:D

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
My best recommendation for picking a color is seeing a car IN PERSON with that color on it. I say this because I just painted wvcat blue after picking from a paint chip at the auto body store. I wish I would have used the first choice I picked because I had seen it on a car and liked it better. Another point to make is that they make different colors by blending colors with them, for instance in the case of blue, red and green are the adjacent primary colors on a color wheel and when you mix red with blue you get purple and when you mix green with blue you get aquq. Here's my point, my car has blue interior and it leans toward the green side of blue, I picked a color for the exterior that leans toward the red side of blue. The result is a clash in colors if you look at it close because they are oppise blues and don't compliment each other well. Another point is that each variation in color looks different in different lighting and will sometimes resemble the color mied with it, in my case purple, which I dion't like btw. Hope this helps.
Good luck hunting
John
wvcat

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks John, what you have said makes perfect sense. Luckily our interior is the original black, which will go nicely with blue leaning towards purple, which is the effect I want, [bearing in mind that the car is presently violent metallic purple], I wanted a dark blue with a purple base, but have been 'persuaded' against it as being too dark. The colour we are seriously considering is Avus Blue. No 1 because it is an extremely unusual colour here, well where we live, and Rick, if you are reading this, no comments about only seeing lions etc. lol. No2. well actually there is no no2, I don't want a colour that is on every golf or polo or whatever. It has to be classy, and yet its got to make a statement, the colour it is now makes a statement, not the one I want tho':) . But thank you for bringing up that point, I am going to check tomorrow what the base colour is for Avus, if its not purple they are going to have to adjust it to be purple. They can call it Catavus Blue. I have seen one car in the colour and it looked real good, otherwise only in photos and as you say, that all depends on light etc. I think the colour is in pearl, not to sure what that means but think it has something to do with how it looks in different light, will have to check that out, thanks for the photo of your car, personally I think that colour looks great, what is it called?. Change your interior rather, [cheaper], I really like it tho'.
Pat, thanks for the FFFFFFFF vote.
:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts