Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so these are the combinations I comp'ed up, honestly my favorites are the royal blue and the charcoal. charcoal was what I originally intended to go with but I thought I'd get some other opinions. I comp'ed up some two tones as well but they felt too busy. I'm working my way backwards(get all the cutting/fitting out of the way first) so body/paint will be last thing but it never hurts to think about it.
composite.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
well... they all turn out pretty good.
The red one does shine a bit more

Jean

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
Any of those colors look good against the black vinyl top. I assume the interior is black too? I think I'd probably go for the charcoal. Your first hunch is usually the best choice.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
the red is striking but the marroon is very rich--what kind of wheels/tires do you invision---stock styled steel wheels would mak the marroon car pop---maybe even narrow whitewall or white lettered tires---the red car with shiny 5 spokes would have tht vette look---just pick a theme and stick wth it---american wheels and whitewalls don't work
doctordesoto

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
that's what I was thinking but the charcoal seems almost "too" plain. the interior is black, no plans to switch that. I feel like the black top gives enough two-tone as it is so two-tone is out of the picture. maybe a call to the uncle is in order to see if he can make gunmetal/charcoal interesting.. . I'm dreading the day, I won't get it back for months/year.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the red is striking but the marroon is very rich--what kind of wheels/tires do you invision---stock styled steel wheels would mak the marroon car pop---maybe even narrow whitewall or white lettered tires---the red car with shiny 5 spokes would have tht vette look---just pick a theme and stick wth it---american wheels and whitewalls don't work
doctordesoto
the wheels are staying how they are, I just spent a pretty penny replacing them with 16x7x17x8's torque thrusts. I may or may not powder coat them depending on paint scheme.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Man you have to go with what you like, The charcoal is nice but personally I love the maroon!

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Man you have to go with what you like, The charcoal is nice but personally I love the maroon!
I'm with Harvey on this one. Personally, I like factory colors on these cars. There is a dk Maroon that is stunning.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have to second Mark - you have first hunches for a reason...I am sure there is something you can do to make it a little more interesting, whether it is some ghost stripe or some color slightly off gunmetal so it is a unique color. Good luck with the selection!

·
Registered
425 Posts
The only one I don't like is the red. I like all three of the others, but you have to go with what you want. It's your car.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I'm with Harvey on this one. Personally, I like factory colors on these cars. There is a dk Maroon that is stunning.
I'll go X3 on this one, but I am so far from being impartial it is silly I tell 'ya, just silly.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but while were on this subject, tomorrow I will be test spraying black cherry for my 68. I have samples of 67, & 68 in PPG and Dupont from the paint store from the original code numbers. I like the darker shade and have noticed some look lighter. Does anyone know the best or correct dark shade of black cherry?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts