Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes its true my 68 cougar has a red 302 4bbl motor. Where did it come from? Of up most importance do I leave it red or paint it blue. Please tell me what you think.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Somebody else painted it when they had it out. You can pull it and paint it if you want, or leave it alone, if you don't hate it. I won't judge you for it! (as long as it is "red" and not PINK!)

·
11,000 Posts
When I was sixteen I painted the 289 engine Hugger Orange in my '67 Cougar, providing an ultra cool look what with the yellow plug wires and the weiand triangular air cleaner. All my friends were suitably impressed.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
"When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
When I was sixteen I painted the 289 engine Hugger Orange in my '67 Cougar, providing an ultra cool look what with the yellow plug wires and the weiand triangular air cleaner. All my friends were suitably impressed.
I just KNEW there was a dark side embedded in there somewhere Royce :poke:

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
What is wrong with a red engine? The engine in my signature is in my Cougar now.

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
Speaking specifically on opinion here..... if your car is basically stock and you intend to keep it that way, then the engine would look better in the
(dare I say it) "correct" shade of Ford corporate blue. If your car is far from stock and you plan to continue in that direction, then it doesn't matter WHAT the color is. If you want to tie it into the exterior color of the car, that works, or a contrasting color does too. Just don't pick anything that clashes. Oftentimes, if you're not sure, it just plain safe to go with the Ford blue.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Mix a little red with a little blue and you have...

Dare to be different.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Red on an engine is sweet if done tastefully ;)

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Ford Dark Blue is the only color for engines in a old ford ! Anything else is Chevy or mopar envy !

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I assure you that I do not suffer from this "envy" that you speak of.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts