Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today i almost finished the car for paint.
Only the passenger door left to fit.
Paint will be medium blue metallic (original).
The hood had several minor dents now straightened out.
As you can see in the pictures the previous repaint was really poor.
The door panels is in really good shape, sadly someone cut door speaker holes in them.
Why the car has been repainted i believe, is for a minor left front end accident.
As you can see in the pics, the original blue paint is really good, no rust anywhere,,,

/Tommy.

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
,,,,,Some bonus pics of the other cars in the workshop.
A Ford Tudor -37 with only 100000 Km. The one owner (family) car has been kept in storage since the 60:ies. Now the Motor and brakes gets a overhaul.
The patina will be kept.

A Dodge -37 former Firetruck with a straight eight.

A Ford Hot Rod heavily rebulit. The owner have Bernt (Boyd C) as a tecnical and cosmetical advisor.

/Tommy.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Cool - I really like that burlwood dash! That thing will look awesome when done.....so will your cat too I bet. Looking forward to seeing/hearing how it turns out.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
What do you mean the door to fit? When you get ready to paint if the door came off the car what is there to fit? Don't you paint it and then hang it and allign it at that time after the paint?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
> Harvey. I fit the hinges to the body.
Dont want to fit the hinges to the body after paint (scratches).
If not i have to take the front fender on and off several times before the door sits at the right place.

Fit the door to hinges is much easier, and i will do that after paint.

/Tommy.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I'll keep that for future, makes good sense. Never would have thought of it though. Thanks

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The paint for the Cougar has arrived. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At last,,,,, paint is there. Paintbooth.jpg

/Tommy.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This pic is from the painter, Im going there tomorrow, must remember to bring my camera with me.

/Tommy.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Bit by bit, slowly it comes together.
The backup lights isnt in best shape and going to be replaced, also some of the eye-brows is in bad shape.
The deck lid hinges going to be painted blue also, decided to paint inside trunk in a black chassies paint.

/Tommy.
P1000244.jpg P1000245.jpg P1000246.jpg P1000247.jpg P1000248.jpg

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Could only ad 5 pics, here is the last for now, tonight the front end is the target.

/Tommy.
P1000249.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I'll keep that for future, makes good sense. Never would have thought of it though. Thanks
We painted the door jambs and jambs of the doors and then hung the doors. Car was painted with the doors on and aligned, never to be touched again. This is the way Ford did it.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Oh, and trunk kid too (we did it off the car on mine though, came out just as good).

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Some progress, front end coming together, the l.h. front extension is pia to assemble imo.
Only the lh fender is aligned right now, the other pieces is just hanging in the bolts.
The white wires is a temporaily solution for the horn, will fix the rimblow this winter. Engine bay is also a project for the future.

/Tommy.

P1000250.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
trunk kid?is that anything like a trunk monkey :)
no no no... In NJ, perfect stance is measured by 1-1/2 bodies in the trunk ( I have that on good authority...) and that must be the measure for the half. :lolani:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts