Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's "Steel Blue Metallic" - a recent BMW color

One strange characteristic of it is that it changes shade/color a lot depending on angle, amount of light, etc.

·
Registered
519 Posts
One strange characteristic of it is that it changes shade/color a lot depending on angle, amount of light, etc.
I know exactly what you mean, mine does that too, only in a more subtle way. :)

Rock ON!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Agreed

Now thats different, I like to see something thats stands out tastefully.

·
Registered
364 Posts
ditto.

when i clicked your link, i expected to see another red cougar. with yours and Paul Garvin's, that makes two blues in a row! i was beginning to think red was the Official Color of The Classic Cougar Network.

(don't get me wrong. i love red cars. you should see my garage and driveway!):angryfi:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nothing wrong with red

I'd considered a couple varieties of red as well, but opted to go with something a little more subtle. Maybe it's the area I live in which effected my thinking. There's a lot of classic cars around here, though unfortunately a lot of people who think a bright paint job and Flowmasters gives them the right to be total a**holes. In light of this, I thought I'd try not sticking out in the crowd. Yeah, my car rumbles a bit but from a distance 'the fuzz' won't be as likely attracted to it. ;)

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Re: ditto.

Looks great Republik! Great color!! If I didn't have a red interior I would seriously consider it. Don't forget the headlight doors..... before the headlight door police cite you. just kiddin.. I know they a PITA.

73XR-7owner said:
... i was beginning to think red was the Official Color of The Classic Cougar Network.
::

...Logan..... can we work on this:1poke: :D :rolleyes:

Don:D

·
Registered
448 Posts
Looks Great!!

Republik,
The cat looks great!! I reeaalllly like the color!! I almost went with one very similar because the replacement interior I found was black and I did not think the aqua would look good with black interior. The color I was leaning towrds was more metallic gray than blue though. Eventually I dyed the interior white and painted my car the original color. However, back in December my wife bought a brand new Ford Escape in what they are now calling dark shadow gray. Looks very similar to what you chose. Good luck, the car looks awsesome!
Paul Garvin
69 XR7 Convertible
http://home.sprynet.com/~pamar/cougar.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts