Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, let me tell you..Elaine Pinkerton's '34 Ford is INCREDIBLE. I have to get some pics forwarded to me..hopefully they can be posted up here soon..

Jim put in thousands of hours on the car, and the ingenuity and workmanship which followed Elaine's creativity (she designed the entire car!) is superb. Quite a thing to see in person.

I got to see the car and the Pinkertons at the Portland Expo Center this past Saturday. My friend Brian (Silverton Ford) went through just a few minutes later.. Small world ;)

Jim, how did the awards go? Any news??

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Brian -- Thanks for the inquiry. She won Best in Class (Altered Street), as she had done at the Grand Nationals and at the Sacramento Autorama. But that was it, no other awards this time out (the last time out for the indoor shows). It is time for her to drive the car, which is always what she wanted. I'll send you a picture or two and maybe you'll have better luck posting them here than I've had.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Doesn't look like a small block chebbie... aren't you required to run a 350/350 in a '32 Ford? Just jerking your chain Jim! Looks nice!

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

Unfortunately a bit small, but here are some. Thanks and Congrats Jim and Elaine!!

B

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Looks super, sure will be a GREAT driver, huh....

I hated the big wheels when they first came out on street rods, but have grown to really like.

What color are the seats?

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Very nice Jim, although I'd have to admit I'm more the deuce type guy. Both cars are beauties.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Thanks for the kind comments. Elaine designed her '34, not me; I was just one of the worker bees who got it built for her. She made all of the decisons about how much to chop it, how much widen the back fenders, bob the fenders and valence, which engine/trans rear end combo, she designed the interior of the car as well.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
While updating the Colorado Springs Rod & Custom website and their facebook page I came across this photo on the Hot Rod Magazine live photo pages. I thought it looked familiar. Very nice.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
That is so friggin cool. Great job.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts