Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Off to Scottsdale we go..a day early. Yikes that was a bit nervewracking..

The cocktail sendoff party is cancelled, btw, guys..Now it's just a plain 'ol Party ;)

Right before the snow and rain started..whew!

<CENTER>
</CENTER>

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I don't know how you can do it Brian. I wouldn't be able to let that car go. I sure hope they keep the drink comming to you to keep your nerves down in Vegas. I can't wait to see that beauty go across the block.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Brian was a little wound up when I showed up... Kind of entertaining watching him run around spewing details supplies all over the place a hundred miles an hour whilst commenting on how it will all have to be done again at the other end. I like this picture, the car sure sounded and looked sweet, truly worth the drive over just to go for a ride with you. The video will be fun.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Wow!! Sweet!! This is even nerve wracking for me too and it isn't even mine.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brian was a little wound up when I showed up... Kind of entertaining watching him run around spewing details supplies all over the place a hundred miles an hour whilst commenting on how it will all have to be done again at the other end. I like this picture, the car sure sounded and looked sweet, truly worth the drive over just to go for a ride with you. The video will be fun.

Yes I love that pic! Thanks so much, Don. You're a very calming guy to have around thru this process..I can't begin to experess my appreciation. I hope the whole deal brings you lots o' new business too..

That was a pretty surreal drive, wasn't it? I know I won't forget it. That car has been up and down the driveway twice now and around the house twice..that's IT! The only reasons I could do that is because 1. I'm insane and love Cougars and want them to be showcased as much as possible and 2. Because I have this other one that is my baby and C. Because I could use the money back..

·
Registered
735 Posts
Brian, let me just say thanks for doing all of this. Having that beautiful GT-E go across the block at B.J. really will benefit everyone that owns and loves Cougars.

It was exciting to watch Don sell the CJ 'vert last year and this year should be even more so! Can't wait!!

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
I gotta tell you, man. I really think what you're doing is very cool. I could never restore that car and sell it to anyone for any amount of money, unless we're talking oil money or what have you.

You're the man. Good luck!

·
Registered
447 Posts
are you going to drive or fly down
if you are going to drive you are more than welcome to stop by

·
Registered
60 Posts
That's one pretty kitty! That will give those run-of-the mill camaro's & mustangs a run for the money!
Good luck,although I don't think you will need it!Someone would have to be very stupid to let that beauty pass them by!

·
Registered
568 Posts
I can't imagine what that must feel like. I guess having another GTE sitting in the garage would make it a little easier, but that's hard to imagine too.

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
are you going to drive or fly down
if you are going to drive you are more than welcome to stop by
Ditto here Brian stop by for a home made Beer!!
Juli
Good luck with the sell I wish I could be there! Next year for sure I will be there! who knows maybe with both my Cats!!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Brian,

Your car looks awesome! Your hard work and efforts have really paid off.

Best of luck with the sale in Scottsdale....we will all be watching with great expectations.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Beautiful! I can't wait to witness this firsthand. I'm lucky that I get to put together a little video chronicle of the event for everyone here and everywhere to enjoy. See you in Scottsdale!

·
Registered
391 Posts
That car is simply stunning. Best of luck at the auction, Brian.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I'm sure it will do all us GTE owners proud ! Thanks for making this event happen. I hope my $$ guess is way low of what it goes for !

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
You must have such a sense of accomplishment! I hope the best to you and the right buyer to be there at the right time. What a fantastic car!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Having purchased a new Black Cherry GT-E in Michigan I can tell you that just the memories of such drives me crazy.

How could I have been so careless to let it go after just two years of ownership. I can only imagine how you are feeling. You did a super job on the restore, and I wish you the very best. My bride of 50 plus years and I will be watching, the picture of the Black GT-E in the background has to help with the departure, for sure.

Gods speed,

Dale in Indy

1 - 20 of 37 Posts