Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this guy says he has a 67 or 68 cougar pace car i have yet to see it but he says he wants 1000 for it is he blowing smoke or do i have a rare cat on my hand. just thought i would ask you guys and all your infinite wisdom

matt

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
pace car

Matt,
if he so calls this cougar a pace car, tel him you wanna do a vin check and if he has any documentation on it.Inever heard of a cougar pace car.But stranger things have happened.Just see if you can get any info(background) on it n go from there.
hope this helps out
pat
1970 standard triple white convertible
1970 eliminator

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
pace car

There is nothing in the book "Cougar by the Numbers" about a pace car that was sanctioned by mercury...:realshk: :realshk: :realshk:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Cougar Pace Car

It definitly wasn't an INDY 500 car.
The Indy pace cars from 66-75 were
66 Cyclone GT
67 Camaro SS
68 Torino GT
69 Camaro SS
70 442
71 Challenger
72 Hurst/Olds
73 Eldorado
74 Hurst Olds
75 Century 'Free Spirit'

And I believe Chevrolet has paced every Brickyard 400 race to date as well......

What track did this Cougar pace I wonder?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pace car

he said it was some 70th anniversary indy i think i figured he was blowing smoke and yanking my leg but i think im gonna play this game with him thanks for the help guys

matt

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Rosebud

Matt,
Where is Rosebud?
My wife and I cruise to different places on the weekends. It sounds like an excellent place to cruise to.:D

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Have you considered

Have you ever considered that it may be a Dan Gurney Special? Now that would be worth the extra bucks!

Just a thought

Milo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts