Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Cougar 2.5 V6 Auto. We just installed the motor last week. I threw a code of running lean bank 1, so I replaced the O2 sensor and so far that code has not resurfaced. However I still have 2 codes remaining. P0302 telling me i have a misfire in cylinder 2, I have checked the wire and coil pack, and they appear operational, this weekend I am going to have the injectors serviced and see if that helps. The P1405 code, I read someone having the same code and same rough Idle took the green and white vacuum line one of the EGR and the other on the EVR, they switched them and apparently the problem was resolved. I have just done that, so I will know later if I get another code I just haven't driven anywhere yet. I could really use some guidance on this, this is my first Cougar.:uhoh:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Even if you have the injectors serviced, I am thinking that you will still get the po302 code. Can you try changing the coil pack to another spot to see if it follows.

Just my thoughts, I am NOT a mechanic, just what I have seen on other vehicles with the same set up.

Lloyd

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts