I've got a 69 with an XR7 wiring harness and the pink resistor wire is getting hot. In the harness under the dash just over the radio I cut open the harness and found two pink wires marked resistor wire. Both are getting hot. I'm not sure if this is one wire that is doubled up or not. The heat in the wires starts minutes after putting the key in the run position.
- The car has a MSD distributor
- MSD 6AL
- MSD tach adaptor
- Recently it had a battery drain that I think was the solenoid. At least the drain vanished when I replaced it
- The solenoid showing voltage at the large starter cable post and both push on connections
- When the drain first started I installed a battery disconnect on the negative cable.
- Is it possible that the ignition switch is bad?