Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still here, still dreamin, still workin my ass off in college for the 9000 horsepower kitty. -tips hat and exits stage right-

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Still here, still dreamin, still workin my ass off in college for the 9000 horsepower kitty. -tips hat and exits stage right-
You'll have a chance to buy the a space shuttle when they're de-commissioned. Simply transplant the engine. That should do it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I agree. It better have wings on it because you will never be able to keep tires on it.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
A good salesman knows when to STOP selling.

Your comment, "Still here, still dreamin, still working my ass off in college" well, that's where you should have STOPPED SELLING.

Keep your head in the books, get that degree, and then most of your DREAMS will come automatic, maybe..

I wish you well,

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
442 Posts
Would not want to be around when that Cleveland slings apart!

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Is that metric horsepower?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
FINALLY! A thread that makes some sense around here! I've got a similar dream, but I'm shooting for eleventyfiveBillion horse power. I bought a engine from a wrecked Tom Cat fighter (I KNOW!! It's from a CAT! RIGHT? How wikkit-pissah!) I must admit..... I THOUGHT it would be a direct bolt in (Cuz it's from a CAT! RIGHT? Double wikkit-pissah!) but I AM having some clearance issues. I think the shock towers have to go, but I'm waiting on a buddy of mine to bring over his drill so I can remove them.
Question: How'd you guys with engines from fighter jets run your exhaust? Dump the pipes before the rear axle, or run it right out the back?

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Dump it straight out the back. You might, and I'm just saying "might", cuz it's YOUR project, consider picking up the ejection seats from that Cat, as well......Two benefits to this that I can see....1) Super awesome "Wow!" factor....how many cars other 'n the bat mobile have ejection seats?? And, B) Just added safety.....just in case!!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Uhhh.... can you even SAY "erection seat" on this forum? Hate to see you get in trouble.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Pshawwww!!! Site didn't edit it.....you know, like when you say pooh-pooh, so, guess so!

"Goose....you're going to have to punch us out....I....I can't reach the ejection handle...."

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Getting goosed and erection seats.... this thread has gone off the rails at break neck speed.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Will they still call it tennis elbow or call it something different..

I didnt use a tomcat engine, i bolted in the GE harrier engine and have my exhaust on directional vents in the wheel wells ( i figgured why not right!) so now I have a Jump cat, the good thing is that i dont have to worry about leafs, springs and agonizeing over which rims & tires to get. :evil:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Got a picture of my new project! Its a compact cougar!

The picture should look familar..

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
the good thing is that i dont have to worry about leaf springs and agonizeing over which rims & tires to get. :evil:
Ouch. Just..... ouch.
I'm thinking my car will need rust repair before "some" people buy rims/tires.
Say, B? Good looking project you picked up. Where'd you ever find it? :bloated:

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
You guys are tough (and that's what I love about you!).

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I don't think there are too many people here that participate in such internet time wasters, much less ever seen Dragon Ball Z.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts