Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just a few pics. It is mostly done on the pre paint prep.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Like the lip on the trunk and extensions. Is that fiberglass? Looks good and way too familiar....I have my 67 down to metal now and will begin blocking soon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Deck lid and extensions are fiberglass. Got it off ebay from Meg lite several years ago. Deck lid is nice but extension took a lot of fitting. Think it really makes the looks of the car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
508 Posts
That will look nice. Took me about two hours and a couple of cut off wheels,...my old original bezels were pitted, so I cut off the grill work, drilled out the stock mounting posts and the new Shelby bezels mounting posts lined up with the stock Cougar modified base. Worked out amazingly well!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Plans are Sonic blue with all chrome powder coated black. We are mounting tail lights with cross bars off. Trying to find a set of 18 in Bullet wheels.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Wheels are growing on us. What do you think?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Fiberglass hood in back ground I bought off a member here.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Everything about what your doing there I like! Keep the wheels!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Not really up on the sonic blue color though.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Thanks! Ford Sonic Blue Metallic Pearl. It's a beautiful color but since I painted it about 7 years ago I see so many doing it now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well after a lifter failure that nicked the cam an a few more set backs it finally moved under its own power tonight. Will get some fresh pictures during the day.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
316 Posts
With the quarter lines the rear spoiler and lights look better then a mustang .

·
Registered
780 Posts
Looking Nice! With my latest project was as close to paint as it makes me jealous!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Couple more pictures. Still not done but driveable

Son changed his mind on the wheels. Doing some tweaks on it. Engine runs a little on the hot side with new three core radiator and 2 electric fans. Recurved the timing and advance and boosted the initial timing and engine came alive. Runs great now. Four wheel brakes work perfect. Took it to an exhaust shop to adjust the dual exhaust we bought from Jegs. Installed an electric trunk release. Put the new heater core in it. First road tests had no heater box and it got hot in the cabin.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts