Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
yes!!! i finally found a job!!! i start Monday working at the local auto paint store as an all around type of guy. driver, mixer, desk guy and whatnot. doesnt pay very well, but its still more than double what unemployment is so im happy. kick ass. bad thing?? cuts down on junkyard time and stuff lol. on the plus side, with me being gone alot more it will give Mark a chance to catch up with my posts LOL

·
Registered
600 Posts
DUDE!!!

CONGRATS MAN!!!!! That rocks. I have to go and find a job soon to. hope i can...lol
again CONGRATS!!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Whoever invented the concept of us going to work each day could have just as easily invented the concept that we're all rich and could do whatever we pleased...

Oh well...work is good. More $$$ = Better Cougar...

Ken

·
Registered
266 Posts
right on 69. Welcome to the real world.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bruter said:
Atta boy Steve...and you'll more of a paint expert as well, not to mention employee discounted paint!! [/QUOTE

he he eh. employee AND student discounts lol. ill do quite well he he. and learn a hell of a lot more. paint is one of the subjects that really does interest me...... all that and i found out today that a neighbor of mine has some connections to help rid myself of bad credit WOOO HOOO!!! X2 ( umm, soon to be bad credit )

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Good luck Steve. Works been picking up for me also, (finally) 12 hrs a day plus some weekends so if I'm going to catch up I'll have to learn to type faster!!LOL mm

·
Registered
794 Posts
congrats on the job steve! I had no idea you were most recently unemployed. Dont worry about the pay. They will give you a thick raise when you show them what kind of a guy you are.
I started with the company I'm with now in 1995 for $6.48/hr .
I make triple that now. Just give it some time.
good luck.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CrazyCat said:
congrats on the job steve! I had no idea you were most recently unemployed.
Moste recently?? i got laid of from Mervyns dept store on Sept 15th of last year. heres the thing though... they didnt tell me that i was laid off till Sept 17th. i just thought i had no hours for the new week till then lol.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how bout an out of country post dated bad check?? ill give you $500 if you want that lol

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
No, but thanx. I decided to sell the set up. Im tired of the 302 and looking for a 390. No more screwing around with this friggin motor. Selling everything to afford the motor swap. I have 1 500 cfm Carter left, I sold one to ome guy, and the other one goes with the intake, same as linkage. Or you can have the intake for 250.

Rick

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im too broke. sure you dont want some parts to trade? if i dont have it, im sure i can get it.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Not unless you can find '68 Fairlane 390 motor mounts, tranny mount, drive shaft, and console, Im not into trading.

Rick

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ill take a look and see what i can get. these parts show up and its not hard at all to find a 390 Fairlane at all in the junks around here. are they 68 specific by the way? i dont have a parts interchange thingy.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
<<< on the hunt

1 - 20 of 20 Posts