Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well today Ginger ( our cats name untill we paint her) took her very first real trip since i have gotten her, now while the trip was pnly about 1 1/2 hours it was nice to see how she would handle extensive highway driving...she did well.

Anything over 65 and she pulled like a new cat, there was a little shaking comming from the back end but i think one of the wheels is out of balance.

Two guys in a state van pulled up and gave me a Big thumbs up!

Anyways the trip took me to Mustangs Unlimited to get a new glove box insert and shift sleeve, was gonna get a new ignition lock but my coloum is not here yet.

Anyway got her home went to install my CD player and well pop the CD player is dead, had emergency tape deck so that is in there instead, but now i have a new problem.....NOISE when i turn on the electric fan LOTS OF NOISE thru the speakers...radio noise, radio noise and oh yeah more radio noise,,HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Go to Radio shack or somewhere and get an inline noise suppressor... Should isolate the stereo a bit from the other electronic bells and whistles of the car...

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Nothin' like the thumbs up.........................is there?

Don

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
A good stereo shop should be able to help also..

Don

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Re: which wire?

73XR7 said:
Which wire do i put it on?

It depends on the kind of unit you get. On my 73 I had one on the power wire to the radio. I've seen some that go on the antenna line to get rid of the static picked up by the antenna and still another one is put on the ground wire.. Hell put all three on:1poke:

Don

·
Registered
160 Posts
ground

I personally would try the ground wire first as it doesn't pick anything up till you turn on something electrical. The ground is the probably one of the best places to try first in my opinion. Oh well start where ever you want, till it goes away.

·
Registered
889 Posts
do the grounds

I used both grounds,one thats in the stereo harness the other that goes from the back of the unit to a good metal ground I have no problems with the sony X-plode c-d Dan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts