Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, and I was hoping someone could help me with this. Does anyone know of a good source (or anyone here have) the original interior for a 69 XR7 in good shape? Should I call West Coast Classic and ask about some, or are there any better places. I would just prefer to get a set of good original seats then reuploster a whole set with reproduction covers.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Talk about the "holy grail" of classic car parts!!:p: I've been hunting for a black driver's bucket for my 67 since I bought it. Man, these are hard to find in decent shape. :mad: You could try calling Don Rush at West Coast but when I spoke to him, he said that most of the interiors of the cars he buys are "shredded". John Skinner in SC is big into the used cougar parts too, maybe he could help ya. He does a lot of his business on ebay. Good luck with your hunt!

·
11,000 Posts
Try Lin Thurston 817-444-0457.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Try Keith Grider, he is a member here (Modified7) he is great to deal with and buy from .
Also try (eliminatorguy) a member here also, he is good as well

Scott

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
i never recomend the covers in repop not that there is anything wrong with them but i feel you will get a much better job done at a upolstry shop. now mind you not just any upohlstry shop but one that specializes in custom rides not the run of the mill shop. I have a guy doing my seats in the xr7 clone that specializes in hot rods since i am doing a cutom job anyhow with diffrent colors but he did my buddy johns GTE seats in leather and naug and they came out awesome! and toatally correct and he rebuilt the entire seat for 1500.00 for front and back. which is less than you could get the skins from stang-it which had the best skins untill they closed their doors. it is well worth looking around and using the seats you have and just rebuilding them. i am getting the seats done totally rebuilt for 580 front and rear since im doing vynal only. price the skins in autokrafters and you see it is a better deal. plus he charges 75 for each door panel and 50 for the back panels so to me it is the best deal around for around a grand i will have a custom interior. now mine is a little more than the prices quoted since i am having him do some custom stuff but that was the price if i wanted it stock.

·
Registered
269 Posts
John Skinners email is [email protected]... Good guy with good parts, he had a couple 67 black buckets a couple weeks ago for $150...

·
Registered
139 Posts
If you're interested I have the name of a company in Michigan that purchased the original material from Ford each year after that year was finished in production. I bought the original black/ginger houndstooth material from them and had the seats reupholstered. It cost about $1200 for materials and labor total. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

RayJ
70 XR7

1 - 10 of 10 Posts