Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering putting a pair of "original factory" kick panel speakers up for sale and am trying to list their application correctly.
While a website cites that the speakers for both the 1967 & 1968 Cougar (As well as same year Torinos...) are the same, the pair I have are a little different. The website states that the 2 years use the same speaker with a C7OA engineering part number while my pair carry a C8OA number. In addition, the C7OA speaker as pictured on the website has male/female flat plug with the pin and hole right next to each other. The C8OA versions have a space between the two as pictured here.
Wood Electrical wiring Flooring Gas Electrical tape

As the website states, these are good for the early Cougar owner that is trying to maintain the originality of their car. I wouldn't try pumping 100 watts through these things, but they actually sound pretty good.

Anyway, as to not deceive anyone, I was hoping someone knowledge about this type of thing might be able to shed a little light here.

Thanks in advance!

· Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
I have a similar set that I had re - coned as part of the restoration of my '68 R code XR-7. I don't know about 1967 but those same speakers were used on many other Ford and LM products that year, with different mounting buckets.

If you are interested in selling them I am an interested buyer. Send me a PM if you have a price in mind.

· Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a similar set that I had re - coned as part of the restoration of my '68 R code XR-7. I don't know about 1967 but those same speakers were used on many other Ford and LM products that year, with different mounting buckets.

If you are interested in selling them I am an interested buyer. Send me a PM if you have a price in mind.

· Registered
116 Posts
I'm considering putting a pair of "original factory" kick panel speakers up for sale and am trying to list their application correctly.
... In addition, the C7OA speaker as pictured on the website has male/female flat plug with the pin and hole right next to each other. The C8OA versions have a space between the two ....
These C8OA speakers only mate with the 1968 cross-over speaker wiring harness, C8WA-19A041-A. This harness is not currently reproduced - only the C6ZZ-19A041-A 1967 style is available. If there is sufficient interest, I could have the C8WA harness made up.

· Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
Sent you a PM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts