Mercury Cougar Owners banner
541 - 554 of 554 Posts
Discussion starter · #541 ·
I agree with Silverton_Ford. I've been to the PIR Wednesday night cruise many times and it was huge and fun every time. Also, it is well-run and you get the bonus of getting to watch racing in addition to getting to see a great car show. Unfortunately I haven't been able to make it to a single one this year, but the summer isn't over yet (feels like it's finally just starting, actually!).

North Plains Garlic Festival Car Show is this Saturday the 13th from 8AM to 3PM In North Plains, Oregon. Join us on the grass just 100 yards from the festival grounds for Great live music, food, beer garden and lots of great vendors. Fun for the whole family. FUN STINKS! White Cat will be there as well!:wave:

I think the Champoeg Park Ford Picnic/Show was last Sunday the 7th.

Wow...it was listed as the 7th in three seperate car calendars. Misinformation can really screw things up I guess? This is the second show where the calendar has been wrong.:uhoh:

Wow...it was listed as the 7th in three seperate car calendars. Misinformation can really screw things up I guess? This is the second show where the calendar has been wrong.:uhoh:
It happens, one of them assigned the wrong date and the rest copied the information to their web pages. We were planning to overlap our open house with the Champoeg Ford show. From talking with the hosting club, I knew that the online dates were incorrect. Since it is a fun show, nobody pre-registers. They should probably charge $5 and get fliers mailed out every year.

It happens, one of them assigned the wrong date and the rest copied the information to their web pages. We were planning to overlap our open house with the Champoeg Ford show. From talking with the hosting club, I knew that the online dates were incorrect. Since it is a fun show, nobody pre-registers. They should probably charge $5 and get fliers mailed out every year.
They do charge $5 and the park also charges $5. Total of $10 for the show. It is a good event. No organization. People just show up and enjoy the day. No whiny 50's music(that we all have heard a million times) or hot black asphalt. Just a nice day to look at a lot of nice Fords. Club members of the Early Ford V8 club pass out flyers at shows and swap meets throughout the year.

It's too bad some of the publications confused the dates....Next year will be better.

OK I know this is a shot in the dark but I'm looking for some history. My car was purchased at Monarch Lincoln Mercury in Gladstone Oregon in apr 67. I found a lic plate frame from Gladstone Lin. Merc. and was wondering if it could be the same dealership. I can't believe that Gladstone was big enough for two dealerships. Any one know?

I guess no one knows, LOL, so here is another shot in the dark, I found all the owners manuals, warr card, key id, for my mother in laws 66 Galaxie. It was bought new from Damerow Ford in Beaverton (about 3 months before I met my wife). She kept the car for about 15 years then the oil pump went out and she parked it in the shop for me to have when I retired from the Army. Well I retired and time went on, she passed on and I had no were to keep it so it I sold it to a guy I knew then he sold it to a guy in Hillsboro. Its been seen several times, white over red 2dr hardtop, 289 auto. I know this is a cougar forum but thought someone might know the car. I would like to give these items to the owner along with some stories about the car. I also did leave a message with the NW Galaxie club. Thanks for any help!

Better late than never... Check with Delbert Tucker at Z's Car Care (Hillsboro)...he owns and restored a Galaxie and may know the owner of that ride, if its still around.

As for the Gladstone LM plate...I have the same issue with my 69 XR7, which was ordered and sold through Monarch. Best I can figure...Monarch changed hands/name to Gladstone LM, before becoming Gary Worth LM and then it closed when Ford killed the Mercury brand.

Would LOVE to have a Monarch plate frame if there is one out there.

Thanks for the info, I will ck with him. Since that was posted I sold the 67, I don't remember if I gave them the plate frame or not, if I have it I'll let you know. Thanks again!

541 - 554 of 554 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.