Mercury Cougar Owners banner
521 - 540 of 554 Posts
I'll hope to be there on the 4th..here's hoping for nice weather, too!

B

I will be there. It seems to be getting smaller and smaller every year(almost non-existant), but last year I picked up some great deals for my Model A! :)
Are you a seller there this year Brian? Maybe I'll have you help me sell off some of my crapp..er..collectibles!

mmmeat, are you going to show one of your cars? Or are you just bringing crapp...er..collectibles to the swap meat. Any 8 tracks you want to trade?

Also just an FYI - Don had said in an earlier post that the Woodburn dragstrip All - Ford day is canceled for 2011. According to the Woodburn Dragstrip 2011 calendar, there is still an all-Ford day on 8/21.
I think the Ford event as we know it is over as locally owned "Dearborn Classics" of Bend OR was the sponsor and planner of the event. Dearborn has since sold out to Ecklers of FL.

Vehicle Cart Wheel Car
oops!
I forgot to post the pics 3 weeks ago of my 2007 harbor freight tools red wagon,[slightly modified]
enjoy! Vehicle Cart Wheel Wagon Tricycle

Attachments

I plan on being there! I will see if I can coax the kitty out of her lair. She is a little shy about her looks you know? The weather looks like it will be spectacular tomorrow!:sun:

Oregon, WA gang..

I'm sorry I didn't make Hillsboro after all..a bunchy of good weather duties were stacking up on me, and it was..well, just an awful week last week! I had every intention of showin' the GT but..

Anyhow..It was a beautiful day! I hope those who made it had a good time and got to enjoy the best day of the year thus far. I can't beleive that is the case!:bloated:

We missed you Brian. There were 10 Cougars and 3 of them drove more than 150 miles from various parts of Washington to get there. You Oregon boys need to do a better job of getting your Cougars out to the local shows.

How was the swap meet at Hillsboro? The reports I have heard haven't been good.

I was supposed to go....but thanks to the rain earlier in the week our paving operations was put off and I had to work Saturday to make up for lost time and stay on schedule for the project. Another reason to hate the rain(I have thousands)...it makes me work during the sunny days.

I went to the Rickreall Swap Meet on Sunday, not too bad of a meet. It was bigger than last year. I didn't find much. I missed a Shelby dual four small block intake for $450. Wish I was about 5 minutes to that booth earlier than the buyer....Oh well, maybe next time.

Function 4 Junction is this weekend. There is usually a good car show at the high school and then hwy99 gets shut down for the cruise.
How was the Function 4 Junction this year?? I was planning on going, but the rain scared me away. I was going to drive the 67 Fairlane Convertible down there, but I can't bring my self to drive it with the top up in June and I didn't want to get wet. I have been to that show a couple of times and had a great time.

How was the Function 4 Junction this year?? I was planning on going, but the rain scared me away. I was going to drive the 67 Fairlane Convertible down there, but I can't bring my self to drive it with the top up in June and I didn't want to get wet. I have been to that show a couple of times and had a great time.
Ahhh Memories..remember when we were cruizing down the street lined with thousands of people in a black GT-E and it kept dying because it was 96 friggin' degrees out and it can't handle that? And then we finally died for the final time in the middle of the main intersection, got out and pushed it!?

Big stage flops like that are the ones that make the good moments so much better, lol!

Ahhh Memories..remember when we were cruizing down the street lined with thousands of people in a black GT-E and it kept dying because it was 96 friggin' degrees out and it can't handle that? And then we finally died for the final time in the middle of the main intersection, got out and pushed it!?

Big stage flops like that are the ones that make the good moments so much better, lol!
Yeah, this year was plenty cool for a cruise! Cruise around Salem on Saturday night. Starts at Harbor Freight at 7pm, then takes off all over town in a line of cars. Interested??

Sandy Fly in Cruise in coming up Sunday the 24th jul. James and I will be there any one else going? Maybe we could all meet and go in together!!!!!!

Do many folks here frequent the PIR cruise on Wednesday evenings? I was thinking of going to the next one, but was curious if it as big as the PIR website makes it out to be.

Also this week's "Cars in the Park" cruise in theme on Saturday is All-Ford, so i will definitely make a trip there to represent the Sophisticated Man's Mustang Alternative =].

http://www.portland.com/portland/events/cars-in-the-park/

Do many folks here frequent the PIR cruise on Wednesday evenings? I was thinking of going to the next one, but was curious if it as big as the PIR website makes it out to be.
/[/url]
A couple of years ago I went to the Wednesday night PIR show, it was truly everything and then some as advertised. I was planning on going a couple of weeks ago, but the poor weather altered my decision. I hope to make it over there sometime this summer before they are all done.

521 - 540 of 554 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.