Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Oregon Cougar Owners!?

116K views 553 replies 42 participants last post by  Mistress 
#1 ·
Just wondering... I see in the profiles that there are other Oregon Cougar owners, and we have West Coast Classic Cougars right here in Oregon, but we don't seem to have a Cougar Club. Has anyone here in Oregon ever tried to start up a Cougar Club? I know the Cascade Cougar Club to the north isn't terribly far away, but is there enough interest right here in Oregon to start up something of our own? Forgive me if this has already been talked about or attempted, as even though I am not new to Cougars, I am still a relative newbie to this website (less than a year). I joined the CCOA, but it just seems like it would be fun to get together with others in the area on a club basis.

#2 ·
Of course we are neighbors..i drive by the "bomber" restaurant every thursday night. I have always thought a Northwest, as in -south of Seattle area- club would be cool.

and yes guys..the restaurant has a bomber in the parking lot.

#3 ·
Checking in!

I'd love for this kind of thing to happen..although I frankly can never seem top get a free afternoon free anymore on weekends, for example. The group we have in Oregon (including Vancouver WA, too) is great, from what I've learned so far.

Don and Lin are truly great for this hobby. Red is up in Vancouver. There are quite a few long-time experts in the biz around here..I think it'd take off pretty well, if someone were willing to be buzy on the phones or pc or a combination of the two. The problem, though, is the busy show season usually means those with time are gonna go ahead and venture for things like the Prowl up in Seattle area.

But a get-together once in a while would be awesome. I'd sure volunteer my pasture and camp site area (and barn someday soon here when finally build) for a big picnic and show!

Cheers, feel free to PM me with any thoughts or ideas, guys!

Brian Aust

#4 ·
With me I guess that makes 4 of us. Anyone else? If nothing else remind me next summer and I'll volunteer to put together something simple like choosing a central restaurant for a breakfast get together and a cruz to one of the many shows or cruz-ins in the state... ie: the all Ford meet, springfield cruz, etc.

#5 ·
That would be fun to go somewhere as a group. I enjoy the cruse nights in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Springfield</st1:City> and <st1:City w:st="on">Junction City</st1:City>, when I get the time I also like the one in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Roseburg</st1:place></st1:City> (but it is more for pre 48 cars). I should have all the bugs worked out over this winter. My car is far from show quality but it is fun to cruse.

#6 ·
Oregon Cougar Club

Hey,
I want to join your club, I've been looking for a local club for a while.
Keep me informed, let me know what you come up with.
Jim

#7 ·
Hey, look at that... We're up to 6 of us now. I know the timing is kind of bad right now, as we head into the long stretch of rain and early darkness, but even if we keep it informal for now, I will gladly volunteer my time for some planning/organizing to get us all together to meet and go for a cruise or something like that in the spring. It's not that I won't drive mine in the rain, but I think we'd definitely all have a more enjoyable time if we get together on a nice day. As for location, it looks like we have some of us up here near the portland area (Milwaukie and Scappoose), and some a little further south in Salem and Silverton, so that doesn't seem like too much ground to cover for everyone to meet up somewhere. I would definitely like to take Mmmeat up on the offer to come out to his place, or maybe even a field trip to Don and Lin's - a real educational experience!

Anyway, thanks for the response so far guys, and hopefully more of the Oregon Cougar owners will see this thread and chime in with an interest too.

#8 ·
OK, who's Cat is this??!

Nice!

Saw this at an All Ford show and swap meet this Summer, for the life of me can't remember what town.., along with about 6 other cats..trying to load up pics now.

#11 ·
No, it was at Hillsboro Airport, I just remembered..

And guess what? I did go to the Woodburn Dragstrip show and got my first ever trophy! Woot.

I won't talk about how big the '67-'68 Cougar Class was ;)

#13 ·
Mine is not a show car either yet it is still fun to drive and still gets looks. Can you imagine a group of Cougars cruzin down the road on a bright sunny day! Just about makes the winter months bearable with something like that to look forward to. Guess I should get to work on it!

#14 ·
no show car either

Mine has 2 primered fenders right now, engine on the stand, and AOD waiting to go back in along with some 3.89 gears under the work bench.
The interior looks good though!

#16 ·
We used to have Cougar's NW in the 80's but it floundered and folded after the pres went to priz... The cascade Cougar club used to do a cruise to Cougar WA. not enough Portland area people showed so the Northerners said why bother? Now that we have puters it is much easier to get organized and get the word out. I would like to host a small show someday when my property is fully developed.

#18 ·
We'll be happy to see you and your new Cougar some day. Thank you for what you're doing for us and the rest of our Country. Our thoughts are with you, hang in there and get back home safe!!

Cheers,

Brian

#21 ·
Keep me in the loop also!

Hey guys!

Keep me in the loop in getting together here in Oregon! I am currently working on getting the driveline and rear end rebuilt on my convert. but would love to exercise her when done (hopefully in the spring)?:D

If not, we'll find something else to drive over.;)

Thanks!

#22 ·
I'm likin' the responses on this so far. I'm sure that we can get something on our calendars just for us, but I also thought I'd add this idea... I went to the Seaside Muscle Beach cruz-in this past June, and I was the ONLY Cougar there. Not the only 67 Cougar; THE ONLY COUGAR. If any of you are interested, it looks like they've already posted the 2007 entry form on the website. It was a lot of fun.

http://www.flashbackinseaside.com/flashbackinsea.html

#26 ·
Wow, congrats!! Now is that the GT car he bought recently? I've lost track. Good ol' Zog..

Take care now and keep in touch!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.