Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
That's basically a late 60's, early 70's Chevelle/Camaro wheel. It's a decent wheel, but be prepared to answer questions about why your Cougar has GM wheels on it.

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
They would look pretty good on a Camaro or Chevelle (except for the chrome)......

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Ford had a similar wheel that was used on 70-71 Cyclones and Torinos and 71-72 Cougars, but they had a raised lip around the holes, and I think that surface was flatter than the GM wheels. (sorry, best example I could find is a picture of a model)

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
This is an example of a wheel Don modified.
Something Different!

<table id="PhotoThumbnails_dlPicture" style="border-collapse:collapse;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Be the first to review! | Write a review

Item #: 71ss
Availability*: Used / Wrecking Yard Item
Usually ships: 2-5 Business Days (May delay entire order)
On Hand*? YES!

Price: $215.85

10% Web Discount:
-$21.58
(applied at checkout)

Your Price:
$194.27

Desired # : <input name="txtQuantity" value="1" id="txtQuantity" class="ProductDetailsQuantityTextBox" type="text">

These originally came 14x7" on the Cougar with a beauty ring. We take your original wheels and have a new 15x7" outer chrome rim installed.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
As mentioned, that looks like a "GM rally wheel" to me...Woodsnake says...."EW!" No way...

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Here they are on a 1973 XR7;

·
Registered
316 Posts
Even though they are similar to a GM , I think they are more toward a 5 slot aluminum wheel only in steel and reversed out .

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
Those are very popular and will have a lot of staying power without looking outdated in only a few years. I'm not saying that would be the case with your first choice though.

It's just that there are a lot of wheels out there that are the hip new trend and look aweful once the trend dies. The TTII won't have that problem. They can also be had in many different backspace configurations and are even available custom ordered.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts