Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I search thru Ebay I see a lot more Goodmark stuff for Cougar. I think they do mostly GM stuff, don't they? Has any body used their Ford stuff yet?
And, how do you eliminate the word "FITS" from Ebay searches!?!?!?!?

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
My GM car guy buddies all use the stuff, some things are better than others. All in all I would say the trend on quality is up though. We bought a ton of sheet metal and bumpers too for each of his son's car (68 Camaro, 69 Chevelle) the past couple of swap meets, we inspected each piece very carefully before taking it. In a few cases (mostly bumpers but maybe a panel or two as well) we went through two or more before we found "a good one".

So I'd say that Goodmark stuff is decent, but be prepared for some issues. In the case of GM stuff, I'm guessing Goodmark has sold enough of it to have had the opportunity to work out some of the kinks in quality/fit, etc...

Having said that, probably reasonable to expect more issues with a new repro (unless it comes from Desert Classic Parts!). Depending on what it is, it can be worked around (and God!, don't I know it!), but for most time is money.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I 2nd the "FITS" part, I hate looking a 600 radiators in a row. The only way I see is to look at auctions only but then you miss some of the buy in nows you may like. I also like how a mazda turbo somehow "FITS 1967 Cougar"?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts