Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking for opinions to help me make a decision on painting my 73 XR7 convertible. It is a cream-color with black interior and a white canvas top. These colors are not original. It was originally green with two tone avocado interior. I'm considering painting it Burgundy with a tan canvas top. My original photo is posted in the photo gallery
and this is the edited photo using the new colors. I would be grateful for any opinions.:1zhelp:

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
That sounds like a good combo... kind of eddie baurish

Don:D

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
What color do you propose to have the interior? I'm trying to picture a burgandy car with a black interior with a tan (ginger?) top. It would probably look better with a ginger interior with the ginger top, or maybe black interior with black top. White tops look good with black carpet/dash/console and white seats/door panels/trim panels. Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think(it doesnt happen often) that the red doesnt go well with that top, not enough of a difference like Regis and his ties. I personally like something like white top, red body, white interior or something along those lines. I'm just saying if you dont get enough difference between top and body it's gonna make people say "hey is that top the same as the interior":p: I dont really see that many problems now, but hey if you like it go for it.:1poke:
Edit- what about a lighter red for the body?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
personally, i dont think the red suits the top. if anything id go for a darker red. why not Vintage Burgandy on the car? it would give it the more luxurious look. i also think that the ginger seats would suit the top more, but i only think that the Vintage Burgandy would look good with the tan top and interior. get a black top and interior and it wont all jive man LOL

·
Registered
41 Posts
I own a 73 XR7 as well and am having the same questions. What color did you decide to paint it?

73 Puma

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I own a 73 XR7 as well and am having the same questions. What color did you decide to paint it?

73 Puma
Holy thread revival Batman! 4 years and 8 months - I wonder what the record is? :D I'm kind of curious myself though what colors he went with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts