Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 69 is in for body and paint. I am going to FINALLY get to see the two tone black and gold paint scheme that I have been planning since I was 15 years old. So, raven black on top of the body line, and Inca gold.

So, I am thinking that some gold flake in the clear coat would add a bit of sparkle, or "pop!"
to the overall finish of the car.

What do you all think?

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Nah - to low rider if you ask me.....I'd just as soon see a good color sanding and some extra coats of clear - now that's how to make it pop!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ok ... although I am a traditionalist ... (like the original colors) ... here's a thought, if you have the top painted black ... what about adding the original pin stripes back in the matching gold? It might help tie the transition together a bit more. Just a thought.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was planning on a red/silver/white pinstripe between the two colors, I still haven't made up my mind about that yet either...

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
A tiny bit off subject...I saw someone completely strip the paint from their car, nothing but metal, and clear coat on top. I didn't ask the owner if that was for real, because it looked real. can clearcoat go over bear metal without primer? But it was different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts