Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I previously asked about wiring up these opera lights and I still havent figured it out. I have a painless wiring kit which gives me a wire that runs to the trunk that is labeled dome light. It has power when the doors are open or the headlight switch is rotated to dome light on position. I also have another wire ran to the trunk for a trunk light that is constant power with ignition on. PART 2: I went through the original harness the po gave me and found what looked to be remnants of the opera light wiring. Each opera light has a plug with two wires. From what I can tell the pass side of the harness runs under the package tray to the drivers side and then plugs into the opera light and then goes to the trunk where you would have the one wire for the trunk light and the other for the opera lights power. ALSO there was a part between the two opera lights that had a ring connector for a ground possibly? I dont currently have a trunk light so its taped up for now but the dome light hot wire when hooked up to the wire I believe to be for the opera lights blew the fuse. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts