Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found another Cougar to work on...

69 XR7 White/Blue interior AC car, Disk brakes, in very nice shape needs a few things to be ready to sell...

That makes 3 Cougars, 1 mustang, 1 Supra...plus everyday drivers...getting crowded at the house..

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Very sharp! Your gonna need a bigger litter box now.....

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL....First thing I did was to turn the rocker trim around!!!

Here is the engine...Needs a good cleaning and replace some missing parts and some incorrect parts...351W 2V 2BBl carb...

Took out the interior to change it over to Black...New seat covers... the rest is being cleaned, scrubbed and dyed in SEM gloss black...Body is in excellent shape...

·
Registered
401 Posts
Really your gonna dye the blue? The white with blue is a nice color combo. White with black is really run of the mill/ordinary.Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If the Blue would have been correct I would have kept it that way but The Blue was the wrong color it was not the dark blue but a light mustang blue anyway...Oh I like Blue Jessica is Blue on Blue....the black seat covers are cheaper and in stock with John's... happened to have a new black carpet in the attic, plus lots of extra black parts sunvisors kick panels arm rests made the switch easier...finding blue parts are harder and the paint dye doesnt always come out so good...

The car is being built to sell so probably eaiser to sell this way...just my opinion also...

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Stripes and scoop done...... interior is almost finshed and engine is detailed........ just a few more odds and end to finish up...

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Looks great! what an "easy" resto.....look how clean everything underneath was!!! Wow....

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks..someone is going to get a very nice car when I am done...

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Car looked great without the scoop and stripes. Everyone has an opinion....

Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They are oem were an option mostly on eliminators 14" ...WCCC sells them in a 15" which is what is on my 70 vert

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Holy crap...I just sent out the 69 to the showroom and 6 hours later bought another cougar...(67 xr7)....no one tell my wife, may have to call a family meeting in a few minutes and vote on buying it, I can'nt help if everyone was sleeping when the vote was taken...lol....Pictures to follow on new thread when I get back from Ireland...The car is green maybe it was an omen?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just recheck the minutes from the meeting and no such statement was logged....there was a protest filed somethin about a quorum but since a don't know what that meant it was dismissed...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts