Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I am looking for parts for my 70 Convert I need a trunk lid, hood and a pile of chrome, grills, bumpers the usual anyone in the area have any good spare parts for sale

:1zhelp:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
looks like a damn nice car. Ill be on the lookout for parts for it. as far as chrome what do you need?? i hit the junkyards about once a week, and ill see what i find out there. ill be the first to admit that ive never seen a convt there though. but ya never know

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
Thanks for getting back to me I need a complete grill, door window switches as the car was from Hawaii originally and sat for the last 8 years the exterior chrome and bezels took quite a beating but it is the most complete car I have ever bought the only parts missing from the engine compartment is the smog system which I am also looking for. The car does not have the usual dents down the body lines the inner fenders are perfect the frames are the same I have to put in rear short floors in at least in the passs. side. I have to find out why the windows do not work, also the top works fine. I have ordered a set of bumpers from Johns and will get them at the end of the month in Columbus. I have fond a new ram air seal though a friend of mine suggested just gluing the crack and redying it but as there are not many places with the parts for these cars I will buy the new seal and put it on when the car is painted. Cougar club has advised the second owner that this was 1 of 4 produced like this. Standard Cougar Convert with standard interior 3.50 31 spline posi pw,pb,ps,pt am 8 track auto and last but far from least 428 CJ that runs great now. I can find all the parts I want for my 69 Mach 1 except for the roof but this car I feel is something special and is worth the work to repair it, I wanted something different for my girlfriend to drive and this is what she chose. I think she has pretty good taste as she chose this car out of many others and all the work I had to go through to finally get this to Ontario I am sure will be worth the effort when done. Let me know what you find and what you would like for it. I have a shipping address in Mi. to make getting parts a lot easier. Thanks in advance for your time looking and look forward to hearing from you soon Jeff

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts