Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Marti report today. It seems my Cougar is only a Cobra Jet, and not a Super Cobra Jet. So, it got an upgrade to the rotating assembly, or short block. I will just have to suffer through that. Oh well...I will just curl up and start licking myself. The door tag reads 65B M 6D 13J 51 A U.
I find it interesting that it came with a standard rear. The options are; C6, F70 x 14 traction tires with raised white letters, Ram Induction, Power Disc Brakes, Power Steering, AM Radio, Tinted Glass, complete.

Would this car, being an XR7, have come with a console? There was one in the trunk, and it is the right color. Would it have had the standard hub caps, like the ones on my blue Cougar?

See Spot Whine...

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
I like guessing games.

Is your Cougar 9F93R505661? :evil:

Console cars will have the screw holes in the transmission hump.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Zendog,if there isn't any holes in the tranny hump, please toss the console in the trunk of the blue car and it'll be hauled away for FREE!

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
For a ZenDog you're very concerned with your material possessions. One of the 8 fold paths is my driveway where you can shed these material objects, small and big block alike.

Help me help you, ZD. :)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Consoles weren't a part of the XR-7 package, they were a separate option.

If your car came with a console it should be listed on the Marti.

·
11,000 Posts
If no optional hub caps were listed on the Marti Report then it came originally with black painted rims and dog dish small center hub caps. Very cool look indeed! I hate consoles, they interfere with the ability to mount a Craig Pioneer FM 8 track Power Play Supertuner on the hump.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Royce, given that it is an XR-7 it would not have had dog dish hubcaps because specific XR-7 full wheel covers was part of the package.

Also as noted, if it had a console it would be on the Marti and if it did not come with a console, it would have a special burl walnut ashtray assembly below the radio under the dash. BTW, it would have been easy to tell that the car did not come with an SCJ just from the data you already have. First, the cars scheduled date is too early. They did not start making production cars untill after your car was on the road. Second, your cars assigned serial number is too low which means it was ordered before SCJ's were on the schedule. And finally the rear axle code is not a V or W (although there are a handful of exceptions to that so keep looking). My CJ is not even an XR-7 but I think I like it more just for that! LOL Hawkrod

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
For a ZenDog you're very concerned with your material possessions. One of the 8 fold paths is my driveway where you can shed these material objects, small and big block alike.

Help me help you, ZD. :)
LOL. Woof, tough crowd tonight at the starlight lounge. Being new to Cougars, I know very little about dates,etc.. I just used to chase cats. It will be a sharp learning curve. vin is 9F93R505661 Thanks for the information. I may be looking to sell or trade a console.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts