Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soooooo......
I was shopping for tires, and noticed that there is a tire sponsor here, Discount tire.
Has anyone bought from them, through this site? I'm looking at 245/50/16, at least 4, if not 8 tires.
I will be comparison shopping when I get home, just to allow the physical stores a chance to compete, but a hundred each seems like not a bad price, or at least the going rate....

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have bought regular tires (not for the Cougar) from them and they do a good job. You can order them online and have them installed at a local dealership and save a lot of money.

·
Registered
245 Posts
They carry Cooper and actually have some exclusive to Discount Tire Cooper lines. I prefer Cooper over all other tires...especially for truck and offroad tires. When my '70 XR7 gets back on the road, it's be wearing some 17 inch Cooper meats. I typically buy from my local dealer for the service, but Discount Tire has been good to many of my freinds and family.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
I have bought through Discount for several years now. I fond out something interesting in my dealings. The closest Discount physical store actually matched the price of the on -line item and I didn't have to try and find someone to install and balance them. There were several stores here in Moses lake that would not install tires bought elsewhere. You need to factor in the mount and balance when price checking. They also do have occasional rebates which can make a huge difference. Pat Price

·
Registered
726 Posts
I have bought through Discount for several years now. I fond out something interesting in my dealings. The closest Discount physical store actually matched the price of the on -line item and I didn't have to try and find someone to install and balance them. There were several stores here in Moses lake that would not install tires bought elsewhere. You need to factor in the mount and balance when price checking. They also do have occasional rebates which can make a huge difference. Pat Price
I had the same experience last year. The local store actually beat the online price; they included free installation with the online price. Great to deal with. Also get a free rotation once a year.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I had the same experience last year. The local store actually beat the online price; they included free installation with the online price. Great to deal with. Also get a free rotation once a year.
I've also had the same experience with Discount Tire getting very close (if not matching exactly) TireRack's online price without tax when buying tires for our minivan. I've dealt with them many times over the years, both in Texas and in South Carolina and they always seem to bend over backwards to get and keep your business. Very good service and pleasant to deal with, in my experience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts